allofthestars
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I just received a rejected place to study at Durham for Computer Science with the reason being that " The course no longer has places available" even though I applied before the deadline.

What does that even mean? Is this the standard response for if youre not good enough , I was expecting something like you have not been made an offer due to more compeitive applicants , but this sounds like they have oversubscribed to it? Im really confused
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by allofthestars)
I just received a rejected place to study at Durham for Computer Science with the reason being that " The course no longer has places available" even though I applied before the deadline.

What does that even mean? Is this the standard response for if youre not good enough , I was expecting something like you have not been made an offer due to more compeitive applicants , but this sounds like they have oversubscribed to it? Im really confused
It is probably that its very oversubscribed and had more competitive applicants.
allofthestars
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
It is probably that its very oversubscribed and had more competitive applicants.
Now you see I was thinking this but then the reason for those not getting offers when that was true was one explaining the fact there was more competitive applicants etc. Mines the only one I've heard from those who have applied with that declined reason ... It's bizarre
CreativeDreamer
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by allofthestars)

I applied there last cycle for computer science and was also rejected without specific reason - I requested feedback from the department but never got any. I suspect they’re probably just really oversubscribed and maybe you were a borderline applicant? (Which given the competitiveness is pretty impressive anyway)
allofthestars
Rep:
?
(Original post by CreativeDreamer)
I applied there last cycle for computer science and was also rejected without specific reason - I requested feedback from the department but never got any. I suspect they’re probably just really oversubscribed and maybe you were a borderline applicant? (Which given the competitiveness is pretty impressive anyway)
Oh cool, where did you end up going anyways?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (111)
59.68%
No (40)
21.51%
Not sure (35)
18.82%

Watched Threads