The Student Room Group

How do I pick my firm choice university?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by notdyls
You can also find ones made by students themselves. Just remember that you might not be seeing everything about the university if you watch the ones on the unis own channel, they’re still good to get an idea of the place.

Are there any youd recommend for those stumbling onto the thread
Original post by FutureDoc01
Are there any youd recommend for those stumbling onto the thread

Campus tour videos are good, but for a less polished sort of video a day in the life gives you a view of what it’s like to go to that uni. For some I also found those 1 second a day videos put up by students which show quite a bit of the uni.
Original post by notdyls
Campus tour videos are good, but for a less polished sort of video a day in the life gives you a view of what it’s like to go to that uni. For some I also found those 1 second a day videos put up by students which show quite a bit of the uni.

tbh I still think visiting should always be a priority if you are considering firming a university. Videos are helpful but they do only help so much
tbh I still think visiting should always be a priority if you are considering firming a university. Videos are helpful but they do only help so much

Yeah definitely, but it’s unlikely you’ll be able to see everything in the few hours that you’re there. Videos can give you a good insight into what it’s actually like to go to the uni
Original post by notdyls
Yeah definitely, but it’s unlikely you’ll be able to see everything in the few hours that you’re there. Videos can give you a good insight into what it’s actually like to go to the uni

Fair enough. Did u visit your firm choice before making a decision.
Fair enough. Did u visit your firm choice before making a decision.

I went to the offer holder day, I didn’t plan on applying there initially so I never went to the open day
Original post by notdyls
I went to the offer holder day, I didn’t plan on applying there initially so I never went to the open day

So was your original front runner not what you were expecting when u visited
So was your original front runner not what you were expecting when u visited

It was fine, but I ended up finding another uni that I liked more so ended up firming that. Both have their pros and cons.

Quick Reply

Latest