Apollinares
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello everyone! I've applied to 5 universities for animation and got all 5 offers, so the decision is gonna be pretty difficult! Here they are in no particular order:

1. Hertfordshire
2. Arts University Bournemouth
3. UCA Farnham
4. Middlesex
5. UWE Bristol

I'm not worried about grades - the highest the offers ask for is ABB and I'm predicted 3 A*'s and already have a fourth A*. I've also applied to Sheridan in Canada (one of the top animation unis in the world) as well as The Animation Workshop in Denmark, so if accepted I'll go there, however, I'm not getting my hopes up just in case. Therefore, I need to decide on which uni I plan to go to in case Sheridan or TAW reject me. Any tips/ideas/preferences from people who have applied to or are studying at any of the above five? Currently leaning towards Herts or AUB, but can't decide between the two!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Wow congratulations on your offers!

What are your current thoughts about the pros and cons for each choice?
Daan13
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Where did you go and how did you decide?
bannerb189
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I've just finished my third year Animation at Farnham and I wouldn't recommend the course, It's ideal for someone who has animated before and is more a film making course than Animation. Everyone I know from the course who is a great animator went into the course as a great animator, but if you are looking to become one this isn't the place for it. During my time there I was shown the basics in year one but nothing more. Throughout the third year, there was little to no teaching that is carefully worded as 'independent film making' in the course description. You have a maximum of 30 mins a week with a tutor.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (227)
60.7%
No (78)
20.86%
Not sure (69)
18.45%

Watched Threads