The Student Room Group

University students: have you started revision for May exams?

Any revision tips?

I’m planning on having no life from March onwards (to focus on revision).. at the same time, I don’t know where to start!

What have the most effective revision techniques been for you guys?

I’m a Law student

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Sarcasm right 😂
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Your situation might be better than mine. I’m a final year Law student 😭. I want to give myself the best chances for good grades

(So, don’t be too hard on yourself unless it’s necessary 😁)
(edited 5 years ago)
I'm in my 3rd year so most my time at the moment is writing my dissertation.

I have a 100% coursework module and another module which is two seen essays. The titles of both have just been revealed so I shall be beginning to write those up over the coming weeks.

Once my dissertation hand-in date has passed (April 11th) and coursework (April 18th), I shall go full-speed on revising the seen essays for mid-May :smile:
Reply 4
How did you do in those exams? That’s almost 2 months to be fair 🙂

But yes I’m including all the notes and reading under the ‘revision’ heading
Reply 5
Original post by CTLeafez
I'm in my 3rd year so most my time at the moment is writing my dissertation.

I have a 100% coursework module and another module which is two seen essays. The titles of both have just been revealed so I shall be beginning to write those up over the coming weeks.

Once my dissertation hand-in date has passed (April 11th) and coursework (April 18th), I shall go full-speed on revising the seen essays for mid-May :smile:

I’m going to cry.

What course do you study?

I have no seen exams and no coursework. Just exams and a dissertation 😭

You’re so lucky 👌 and best of luck with it all!
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Human_bean
I’m going to cry.

What course do you study?

I have no seen exams and no coursework. Just exams and a dissertation 😭

You’re so lucky 👌 and best of luck with it all!

I am indeed very lucky this semester. I have had blind essay exams before :')

I'm currently doing an BSc in Genetics and Molecular Biology.

Just received an interview to do a MSc in Molecular Genetics and Diagnostics so the exams / coursework isn't quite over for me yet :P
Reply 7
Haha 😂 well I’m sure you didn’t do terribly either!

And yes you’re right, I just wish my university lectures didn’t go on until the end of April! 😬
No lectures = more ‘revision’ time
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by CTLeafez
I am indeed very lucky this semester. I have had blind essay exams before :')

I'm currently doing an BSc in Genetics and Molecular Biology.

Just received an interview to do a MSc in Molecular Genetics and Diagnostics so the exams / coursework isn't quite over for me yet :P

Amazing stuff! Seriously well done 🥳
I'm a law student too, we've only just started the semester so there's no way that we've learnt enough to even consider revising yet.
Though we do have formative assessments coming up soon. so I'm probably going to have no life at this point anyway.
Original post by MidgetFever
I'm a law student too, we've only just started the semester so there's no way that we've learnt enough to even consider revising yet.
Though we do have formative assessments coming up soon. so I'm probably going to have no life at this point anyway.

I agree with that - I started my final semester beginning of Feb and don’t officially finish classes until April time. The timing is just silly - how can anyone revise for exams in 2 weeks 😭.

Hi5 to no life! ✋🏼
(edited 5 years ago)
I'm off all next week so I plan to start writing my revision cards and stuff - I personally LOVE using revisions cards, learning them off by heart just really helps me and in the exam I can picture a specific card in my head and (hopefully) write it all out lol

I also have my dissertation to start so I will need to be doing that as well, as of next week!
Original post by maddiesmith
I'm off all next week so I plan to start writing my revision cards and stuff - I personally LOVE using revisions cards, learning them off by heart just really helps me and in the exam I can picture a specific card in my head and (hopefully) write it all out lol

I also have my dissertation to start so I will need to be doing that as well, as of next week!

Thanks for that - I forgot about mine but I do have a whole load of them that I never bother to use.
What subject are you studying? 🙂
Thanks for that - I forgot about mine but I do have a whole load of them that I never bother to use.
What subject are you studying? 🙂

I'm studying Chemistry, so unfortunately I have to learn a lot of mechanisms as well as theory!

Good luck with your revision, I'm sure you will do fab! - I was always 50/50 between law and science.. I always love to see people doing it lol
I agree with that - I started my final semester beginning of Feb and don’t officially finish classes until April time. The timing is just silly - how can anyone revise for exams in 2 weeks 😭.

Hi5 to no life! ✋🏼

Yeah, I was thinking about that today actually.. The sheer amount of information you're supposed to learn within the space of three months is pretty mad. I love the subject but sometimes I'm sat there in the lectures thinking we're all mad. :lol:

What year of study are you in if you dont mind me asking?
Original post by maddiesmith
I'm studying Chemistry, so unfortunately I have to learn a lot of mechanisms as well as theory!

Good luck with your revision, I'm sure you will do fab! - I was always 50/50 between law and science.. I always love to see people doing it lol

Thank you very much 🙂 wish you all the best too!

Haha! That is like me and politics 😢
Nope since I don't have may exams :hoppy: course is 100% coursework
Original post by MidgetFever
Yeah, I was thinking about that today actually.. The sheer amount of information you're supposed to learn within the space of three months is pretty mad. I love the subject but sometimes I'm sat there in the lectures thinking we're all mad. :lol:

What year of study are you in if you dont mind me asking?

Yes, precisely! And I have 2 year long modules, for which the exams are in May - how is 2 weeks adequate revision time! 😳

I’m in my final year. How about yourself?
Reply 18
For my course (Maths) revision starts a month before our exams, so around May (most my exams will be in June). We aren't even half way through most modules, so starting too soon will be too much. Especially since I'm in 3rd year and have grad jobs, dissertation and part time work to worry about :frown:
Hey, Another 3rd year law student here. I have my exams starting at the University of Bristol on around the 20th May and have 3 to take. This gives me around 22 days for each exam, having already done some revision. Need to get 65, 65, 68 in order to get a 2:1 as my degree has been affected by extenuating circumstances pretty much since first year. I think we definitely have enough time, which modules are you doing? For trusts (which I assume you're doing, OP) I would heavily advise the Virgo text due to the simple manner in which things are explained. I have also been using Anki (a software to create online flashcards- which is also proving extremely useful). If you would like any notes just let me know, as I have excellent notes for trusts which I am happy to share. I am currently studying from home, so had been worried that I was actually starting later than everyone else- but as someone has already pointed out, the majority of people are still writing their dissertations right now. Should mean that we have plenty of time. Best of luck :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending