Belle belle
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I need 112 UCAS points for my offer at UAL. What would that be in terms of grades. Considering I dropped an A-level last year, so currently I am doing two A-levels and half a BTEC so I’m confused on What grades I would need for 112 UCAS points with just two A-levels and Just doing a BTEC for one year rather than two.Someone help :-)
becci_davis
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There’s a UCAS points calculator on their website
Kxjzh
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
https://www.ucas.com/ucas/tariff-calculator
BBx2
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Does the 1 year of your BTEC have points? If not you’d need 2A*s
Belle belle
Rep:
?
(Original post by BBx2)
Does the 1 year of your BTEC have points? If not you’d need 2A*s
Yeah, I would get half points of the A-level points
Last edited by Belle belle; 1 year ago
学生の父
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The A-level you dropped last year, you didn't take an AS in it did you? That would help your cause.

Otherwise, 112 points = AA at A-level and an Merit at BTEC National, or AB at A-level and a Distinction at BTEC National.

(Original post by Belle belle)
So I need 112 UCAS points for my offer at UAL. What would that be in terms of grades. Considering I dropped an A-level last year, so currently I am doing two A-levels and half a BTEC so I’m confused on What grades I would need for 112 UCAS points with just two A-levels and Just doing a BTEC for one year rather than two.Someone help :-)
Belle belle
Rep:
?
(Original post by 学生の父)
The A-level you dropped last year, you didn't take an AS in it did you? That would help your cause.

Otherwise, 112 points = AA at A-level and an Merit at BTEC National, or AB at A-level and a Distinction at BTEC National.
Nope, no AS-level But I guess those grades are achievable, thanks for your help 🤗
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Belle belle)
Nope, no AS-level But I guess those grades are achievable, thanks for your help 🤗
What's the *exact* title of your BTEC qualification? Is it a Certificate, a Subsidiary Diploma, a 90 credit diploma, a diploma or an extended diploma?

And is the 112 points your exact offer wording from UAL or was there more words?
Belle belle
Rep:
?
It’s certificate, and they said a minimum of 112 UCAS points from or a mixture of A level, BTEC diploma or BTEC subsidiary
(Original post by PQ)
What's the *exact* title of your BTEC qualification? Is it a Certificate, a Subsidiary Diploma, a 90 credit diploma, a diploma or an extended diploma?

And is the 112 points your exact offer wording from UAL or was there more words?
Last edited by Belle belle; 1 year ago
softwarefreak
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I received an Extended Certificate (one year) last summer - the new specification, first teaching from September 2016, comprised of 6 Modules/ Units.

A final grade of Merit is equal to one A-Level at C Grade, thus 32 UCAS Points.

Henceforth, a Pass is 16 and a Distinction is 48 UCAS Points.
Last edited by softwarefreak; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (185)
14.14%
I'm not sure (59)
4.51%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (383)
29.28%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.83%
I'm not a current university student (644)
49.24%

Watched Threads