The Student Room Group

Undergraduate Medicine accommodation

I’ve got an offer for Medicine, at my first choice uni but I still haven’t got replies from other unis. The application process for accommodation opens in March and it’s likely that I still won’t have heard back from my other choices. On the uni’s website it says I can only apply if I have firmed the offer. I’d like to firm the offer. But ucas says you can only firm an offer when you have received a response from all unis. I want to apply for accommodation earlier if possible so that the room/hall choices aren’t limited but at this rate I can’t see how I can. Are there any other medicine applicants who have had this problem before. What do I do?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Harry_stock1
I’ve got an offer for Medicine, at my first choice uni but I still haven’t got replies from other unis. The application process for accommodation opens in March and it’s likely that I still won’t have heard back from my other choices. On the uni’s website it says I can only apply if I have firmed the offer. I’d like to firm the offer. But ucas says you can only firm an offer when you have received a response from all unis. I want to apply for accommodation earlier if possible so that the room/hall choices aren’t limited but at this rate I can’t see how I can. Are there any other medicine applicants who have had this problem before. What do I do?

On UCAS you can withdraw your application for any Uni's which no longer interest you, which then allows you to "firm" the remaining one. Realistically, you may want to wait until you have two offers, so that you can also choose an "insurance", although if you're very confident in achieving your grades for your favourite choice then maybe not.
Reply 2
Original post by Harry_stock1

I had this problem when I was applying as well. Some medical applicants receive their offers later than everyone else. In the end it wasn't a problem and there were a lot of spaces left.

If you're happy to say which medical school it is, there may be a medical student on TSR from that uni who would be able to advise you further. My general advice though is not to worry about it - or if you are going to worry, there's always the option of emailing the uni accommodation services and explaining your concerns.
Thanks for your reply. It’s reassuring to know that other people have had this problem and it has worked out okay for them!
Original post by Angury
I had this problem when I was applying as well. Some medical applicants receive their offers later than everyone else. In the end it wasn't a problem and there were a lot of spaces left.

If you're happy to say which medical school it is, there may be a medical student on TSR from that uni who would be able to advise you further. My general advice though is not to worry about it - or if you are going to worry, there's always the option of emailing the uni accommodation services and explaining your concerns.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending