The Student Room Group

The Ultimate Action & Adventure TV Show Recommendation Thread!

Action is about conflict. :fight: Whether with guns, blades, fists, or mysterious powers, these shows feature characters in combat - either to protect themselves or the things or people they value, or simply as a way of life.

Not your cup of tea? Check out The Ultimate TV Series Recommendation Hub for other genres of interest~

Lost (2004-2010, 6 seasons)
After a plane crash onto a mysterious island a group of survivors are forced to work together to survive the place. Along the way they meet unexpected obstacles.

Arrow (2012-, 7 seasons so far)
After being suck on an island for years a playboy billionaire comes back a changed man. Good action scenes and enough twists to keep it interesting.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (2013-, 5 seasons so far)
Based on the group S.H.I.E.L.D. from the Marvel universe. Showcases them dealing with various threats and focuses more on the human parts of the team with Agent Coulson as their boss.

Banshee (2013-2016, 4 seasons)
A recently released convict takes the identity of a cop (unrealistic I know) and becomes Sheriff in the town of Banshee where his past comes back to haunt him.

Under the Dome (2013-2015, 3 seasons)
Based on Stephen King's novel, the premise of this show revolves around a town which suddenly has a dome surrounding them cutting them off from the outside world. They have to work together to survive both from outside and inside threats.

(edited 5 years ago)
The sopranos , prison break, breaking bad, the wire, peaky blinders. Some of my favourite drama / action tv shows.
Flash and Vikings both are my favorites. I am going to check above recommendation very soon.

Quick Reply

Latest