The Student Room Group

Do I need to take IB biology to get into a university for psychology

Do I need to take IB biology at SL or HL to get into a good university for psychology?

My current choices are
HL: Art, Psychology and English Lit (as a first language)
SL: Math, Ab French ( a new language) and ESS (environmental and social sciences)

I want to do art and psychology in university and I don't know if I should drop SL ESS for biology. I dont want to change my HLs but I will drop ESS for biology if it in a necessity. I used to love biology but now it's a little bit of a drag. I'm unsure if I should drop it or not.
I have a friend of mine that didn’t even do IB psychology and applied for Psychology. She got loads of offers.
Original post by _faith.yu
Do I need to take IB biology at SL or HL to get into a good university for psychology?

My current choices are
HL: Art, Psychology and English Lit (as a first language)
SL: Math, Ab French ( a new language) and ESS (environmental and social sciences)

I want to do art and psychology in university and I don't know if I should drop SL ESS for biology. I dont want to change my HLs but I will drop ESS for biology if it in a necessity. I used to love biology but now it's a little bit of a drag. I'm unsure if I should drop it or not.

You don't need Biology at A level so I don't see why you would need it for the IB.

At A level, the vast majority of Unis only ask for 1 science and they count Psychology as a Science. But if in doubt, email the Admissions department of a few Univesities offering your potential course and check.
Reply 3
Yeah I know that but my parents want me to take IB so I might as well take IB psychology. But thank you!
Reply 4
Thank you! that really helps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending