India launches airstrikes on Pakistan across disputed Kashmir Border. Watch

waxdoll19
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
An update: Pakistani media claim that the army has shot down 2 Indian planes that violated Pakistani airspace last night, but they are using pictures from 2016 when an Indian plane crashed in Odisha, India as proof!

Don’t they know that Google reverse search exists? :toofunny:
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by waxdoll19)
An update: Pakistani media claim that the army has shot down 2 Indian planes that violated Pakistani airspace last night, but they are using pictures from 2016 when an Indian plane crashed in Odisha, India as proof!

Don’t they know that Google reverse search exists? :toofunny:
https://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...cle7278348.ece
Notoriety
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Pakistan not messing about. It's exciting from the side lines.
HucktheForde
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Trump and Kim's love story should be an inspiration for india and pakistan.
Plantagenet Crown
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Abu 'Abdullah)
But it's never worked. Britain had to leave it's vast empire and now only controls a small island (I.e. UK).

The only thing that works is if a true faith binds the empire together, hence the Islamic Caliphate lasted for 1400 years engulfing one third of the world

All other empires were flimsy so they lasted only short time.

Look how USA invaded Iraq, got 5000 of it soldiers killed but still had to leave it behind. Invading and occupying for a lengthy period of time doesn't work any more for even superpowers
Well clearly it doesn't work, otherwise the caliphate would still exist and the Muslims would not have been kicked out of Iberia

Also, the Islamic caliphate never ruled a third of the whole world.
Last edited by Plantagenet Crown; 3 weeks ago
BlueIndigoViolet
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
Well clearly it doesn't work, otherwise the caliphate would still exist and the Muslims would not have been kicked out of Iberia

Also, the Islamic caliphate never ruled a third of the whole world.
they wish it did lol - these tensions as well as those during partition would be so much less violent under British control - we need a second Pax Britannica
TheNamesBond.
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Can I just remind everyone of the fact that if another Indian-Pakistani war comes into the picture..well..nuclear powers etc.
Last edited by TheNamesBond.; 3 weeks ago
BlueIndigoViolet
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by TheNamesBond.)
Can I just remind everyone of that if another Indian-Pakistani war comes into the picture..well..nuclear powers etc.
yeah is a concern, though would believe/hope it would be conventional like the 1999 Kargil War as they realise they will both will get destroyed.
TheNamesBond.
Rep:
?
(Original post by BlueIndigoViolet)
yeah is a concern, though would believe/hope it would be conventional like the 1999 Kargil War as they realise they will both will get destroyed.
Well we know how History goes, no one ever learns, and this time they might feel like a conventional war just won’t do the trick, we all know how countries like to boast their nuclear strength.
thestudent33
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I really don't see why people feel the need to report my true comments...
akbar0123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Pakistan Air Force just shot down two Indian jets invading Pakistani airspace trying to bomb Pakistanis and one of their pilots got captured, I’m sure there will be some “enhanced interrogation” of him as the Americans call it
Last edited by akbar0123; 3 weeks ago
Decahedron
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Abu 'Abdullah)
But it's never worked. Britain had to leave it's vast empire and now only controls a small island (I.e. UK).

The only thing that works is if a true faith binds the empire together, hence the Islamic Caliphate lasted for 1400 years engulfing one third of the world

All other empires were flimsy so they lasted only short time.

Look how USA invaded Iraq, got 5000 of it soldiers killed but still had to leave it behind. Invading and occupying for a lengthy period of time doesn't work any more for even superpowers
Where is the Islamic Caliphate now?

It can work, the Ottomans were defeated in WW1 and Israel was formed from their previously owned land. The US didn't invade with the intention of conquering, merely puppeting.
akbar0123
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by waxdoll19)
Lol keep talking - even in 2011 when Osama Bin Laden was found living in a mansion near a military base in Pakistan, Pakistanis claimed that it was a hoax. And FYI - witness accounts contradict your claim in this case.

Pakistan's strategy is simple: befriend terrorists so they don't carry out attacks domestically, and then work with them in the political game against India. I mean, why else have they taken Masood Azhar, the head of JeM, into protective custody after these attacks by his organisation, whilst giving him the freedom to release videos to his followers? And why is Hafiz Saeed, the head of Lashkar-E-Taiba who carries a US govt bounty of $10M, roaming around freely in Pakistan?

Not very Islamic, is it? Also not "Paak" (pure) - which Pakistan claims to be in its name and national anthem.

But the love Pakistan has shown towards terrorists is no secret - even after the 2011 raid President Obama said that there was a support network in Pakistan to protect Osama, but again Pakistan denied it.

And finally if Pakistan is against terrorism, as it claims, why hasn't it taken action against these terrorist organisations? Because then India, America, etc wouldn't have to get involved.
Lol absolute bs, you realise the current President of India is himself a member of Hindu terrorist groups who killed Muslims during the Gujarat riots, and you have the audacity to call Pakistan the terrorist supporting state. Just because Osama bin Laden happened to live here secretly doesn’t mean Pakistan knew he was there. Pakistanis were actually pretty happy when he died. Pakistan doesn’t know where these apparent terrorists are, it’s a big country with a lot of empty space. There’s a lot of places to hide.

The incident in Pulwama was done by a guy from the Indian-administered Kashmir, not Pakistan. Pakistan even offered to investigate it with India and India refused, instead choosing to use it as an opportunity to bomb Pakistan and let the President look tough and patriotic just before the elections.
Last edited by akbar0123; 3 weeks ago
TheNamesBond.
Rep:
?
(Original post by akbar0123)
Lol absolute bs, you realise the current President of India is himself a member of Hindu terrorist groups who killed Muslims during the Gujarat riots, and you have the audacity to call Pakistan the terrorist supporting state. Just because Osama bin Laden happened to live here secretly doesn’t mean Pakistan knew he was there. Pakistanis were actually pretty happy when he died. Pakistan doesn’t know where these apparent terrorists are, it’s a big country with a lot of empty space. There’s a lot of places to hide.

The incident in Pulwama was done by a guy from the Indian-administered Kashmir, not Pakistan. Pakistan even offered to investigate it with India and India refused, instead choosing to use it as an opportunity to bomb Pakistan and let the President look tough and patriotic just before the elections.
Are you seriously telling me that Pakistan is so inept that they didn’t know the no.1 man on the most wanted List was staying in Abbottabad, in a fortified compound, in Pakistan, your claim that the Pakistani public was happy when hearing of his death is false, two thirds of the Pakistani Public were outraged.

The resulting Abbottabad Commission Report revealed Pakistans state military and intelligence authorities' "collective failure" that enabled bin Laden to hide in Pakistan for nine years, was leaked to Al Jazeera on July 8, 2013.

So let’s backtrack shall we, he was hiding in his home in a fortified compound in Pakistan for 9 bleedin years, get your facts straight please, because right now, Pakistan isn’t exactly up there with Mother Theresa, either that or Pakistan is the single most unaware, inept country in.the.world.
Last edited by TheNamesBond.; 3 weeks ago
AngryRedhead
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Ah just send in Shamima Begum, no doubt she'll have them sorted out in no time
akbar0123
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Are you seriously telling me that Pakistan is so inept that they didn’t know the no.1 man on the most wanted List was staying in Abbottabad, in a fortified compound, in Pakistan, your claim that the Pakistani public was happy when hearing of his death is false, two thirds of the Pakistani Public were outraged.

The resulting Abbottabad Commission Report revealed Pakistans state military and intelligence authorities' "collective failure" that enabled bin Laden to hide in Pakistan for nine years, was leaked to Al Jazeera on July 8, 2013.

So let’s backtrack shall we, he was hiding in his home in a fortified compound in Pakistan for 9 bleedin years, get your facts straight please, because right now, Pakistan isn’t exactly up there with Mother Theresa, either that or Pakistan is the most unaware, inept country in the world.
Lol so you’re telling me that Pakistan knew where he was hiding and somehow for nine years, absolutely nothing got leaked? There is no way to keep such huge secrets, things inevitably get leaked to the media.
Libtardian
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hopefully they stick GoPro's everywhere so I can watch on YouTube like with the Syrian conflict. Now where did I put my popcorn...
TheNamesBond.
Rep:
?
(Original post by akbar0123)
Lol so you’re telling me that Pakistan knew where he was hiding and somehow for nine years, absolutely nothing got leaked? There is no way to keep such huge secrets, things inevitably get leaked to the media.
Yes, the report detailed their collective failure to find out this information, they were heavily investigated, two thirds of the public condemned the killing of Bin Laden, which tells me he had a lot of protection, please get with it.
akbar0123
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yes, the report detailed their collective failure to find out this information, they were heavily investigated, two thirds of the public condemned the killing of Bin Laden, which tells me he had a lot of protection, please get with it.
Yeah “the report” said it. Therefore it must be true, right? It’s not like these reports are all biased against Pakistan and for American intervention, right? He had no protection and Pakistan does not “protect” or “shield” terrorists like India does with its Hindutva terrorists, their president being one of them.
Themysticalegg
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Lose-lose situation for both nations with these tit for tat exchanges. Neither side is stupid enough to attack the other at full might.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (128)
17.9%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
10.21%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (123)
17.2%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (103)
14.41%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.79%
How can I be the best version of myself? (218)
30.49%

Watched Threads