Steff_gwyn
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I’ve received and firmed an offer for Medicine at Cardiff to start in September 2019 and so I’ve been looking at the accommodation that’s available. I’ve managed to narrow it down to 3 which are: Liberty House, Talybont Gate and Talybont Court.

Each of these have their pros and cons and I just can’t decide between them. Also, although Liberty House is a lot closer to Heath Campus I’m more drawn towards one of the Talybont’s as they’re right by the big Tesco, close to the sports bit and next to other halls whilst Liberty House is more out of the way.

Has anyone lived at any of these and could you give me some advice on which one to choose?

Thanks
elliechapman99
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Talybont is one of the more sociable halls! So if you’re okay with clubbing or just going out in general that’s a good place. If not, Liberty House is probably better for you
Steff_gwyn
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by elliechapman99)
Talybont is one of the more sociable halls! So if you’re okay with clubbing or just going out in general that’s a good place. If not, Liberty House is probably better for you
Yeah I think I’m going to go for one of the Talybont’s, is any particular one better do you think?
elliechapman99
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Steff_gwyn)
Yeah I think I’m going to go for one of the Talybont’s, is any particular one better do you think?
I should probably start by saying I’m not actually a student there yet, although I have firmed an unconditional offer. The stuff I’ve learnt is just through browsing the student room and reading opinions. What I have found though is that Talybont South tends to be the most sociable just in the sense that it has more people there so that’s why I’ve applied there because the social aspect is the most important thing to me. However, the rooms there are incredibly small (the same at Talybont North too) so if you prefer comfort and being social Talybont Gate or Court are probably your better options. I hope this helps and my research is okay!
Last edited by elliechapman99; 1 year ago
Angury
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Steff_gwyn)
So I’ve received and firmed an offer for Medicine at Cardiff to start in September 2019 and so I’ve been looking at the accommodation that’s available. I’ve managed to narrow it down to 3 which are: Liberty House, Talybont Gate and Talybont Court.

Each of these have their pros and cons and I just can’t decide between them. Also, although Liberty House is a lot closer to Heath Campus I’m more drawn towards one of the Talybont’s as they’re right by the big Tesco, close to the sports bit and next to other halls whilst Liberty House is more out of the way.

Has anyone lived at any of these and could you give me some advice on which one to choose?

Thanks
Would definitely recommend Talybont over Liberty House in your first year. Liberty House is a good place to stay when you're in your clinical years and want to be closer to the Heath. In your first year you want to enjoy the student experience; that includes being with non-medicine students, being close to the main campus and the city centre.

Out of Gate and South, I think it comes down to price and luxuries. Is money a big factor? Do you care if you have a bigger room or nicer kitchen?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (277)
15.42%
Uncertainty around my education (281)
15.65%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (178)
9.91%
Isolating with family (127)
7.07%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (80)
4.45%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (150)
8.35%
Loneliness (177)
9.86%
Financial worries (74)
4.12%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (165)
9.19%
Exposure to negative news/social media (128)
7.13%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (159)
8.85%

Watched Threads