The Student Room Group

Do I need to put an insurance choice?

I've been accepted at my first choice, but they've given me a conditional offer and want me to send verification of my qualifications, which I've done, but they'll take a while to process.
Should I select an insurance choice, despite the fact they only want proof of my qualifications?
I'm so paranoid that something will go wrong.
Original post by emias
I've been accepted at my first choice, but they've given me a conditional offer and want me to send verification of my qualifications, which I've done, but they'll take a while to process.
Should I select an insurance choice, despite the fact they only want proof of my qualifications?
I'm so paranoid that something will go wrong.

It's quite normal for Unis to need to verify qualifictations - unlikely for anything to go wrong as long as you have not made anything up on the UCAS form. I'm not quite sure why you wouldn't pick an Insurance choice as people normally do that - or did you mean to say that your Uni has made you an Unconditional offer?

If it's conditional, you should ideally make an Insurance choice that is one or two grades below your Firm choice, in case your exam results are disappointing.
Reply 2
Sorry if I was vague. I already have my results, so I assume the conditional will change to unconditional as soon as they process my certificates. I've been told this will take a while though, so I'm just unsure if an insurance would be appropriate or not.
Original post by emias
Sorry if I was vague. I already have my results, so I assume the conditional will change to unconditional as soon as they process my certificates. I've been told this will take a while though, so I'm just unsure if an insurance would be appropriate or not.

There's no hurry to make your decision, so you could just wait until you hear back from the Uni but equally, there's no harm in having an Insurance choice - it just will become invalid as soon as your offer changes from conditional to unconditional
Reply 4
Funnily enough, a few minutes after selecting my firm and insurance, I got an email from admissions saying they'd changed my offer to an unconditional. When I was on the phone last week, they said it would take them up to five weeks to confirm the offer. Lmao.
Thanks for your help anyway. Hopefully UCAS updates properly.
Original post by emias
Funnily enough, a few minutes after selecting my firm and insurance, I got an email from admissions saying they'd changed my offer to an unconditional. When I was on the phone last week, they said it would take them up to five weeks to confirm the offer. Lmao.
Thanks for your help anyway. Hopefully UCAS updates properly.

That's ok - glad the Uni was quick to confirm your unconditional offer and end your worries

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending