The Student Room Group

Which university for Under grad Comp Sci ?

I've applied to 5 unis ( Cardiff, Loughborough, Surrey, Aberystwyth & Brunel)

Can someone give me feedback as to which of these are really good for comp sci and employment after that?

I've got offers from Cardiff, Surrey, and Aberystwyth
Have you looked at the employment information for each course on unistats?
Reply 2
Original post by cash_buster
I've applied to 5 unis ( Cardiff, Loughborough, Surrey, Aberystwyth & Brunel)

Can someone give me feedback as to which of these are really good for comp sci and employment after that?

I've got offers from Cardiff, Surrey, and Aberystwyth

Out of those 5, I'd rule out Brunel and Aberystwyth. The other 3 are far better.

Surrey I've heard is particularly good for employability and student placements. I'm not so sure about Cardiff and Lboro, but all 3 are excellent choices so you can't go too far wrong.
Reply 3
Thanks a lot for your speedy reply
Do u know anyone going to any of those units ?
Aberystwyth has got gold TEF and multiple awards for teaching.
And they’ve given me. A conditional of BBC
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Have you looked at the employment information for each course on unistats?

No I haven’t but thanks I’ll check that out
Hi @cash_buster :smile:

Great to hear that you are considering Aberystwyth. You mentioned that you have received an offer from us congratulations! :smile: Have you attended or registered for one of our Applicant Visiting Days? They’re a great opportunity to meet our academic staff and current students and discover more about your chosen department and its learning environment. Of course, you could also use this opportunity to ask questions to lecturers and current students about employment and careers :smile:

In terms of employment, as another member mentioned it may be worth taking a look at Unistats. Alternatively, you could also take a look at our specific Careers webpage for Computer Science which gives some examples of roles our Computer Science Graduates have moved into along with some employers our Computer Science Graduates have gained positions with.

It may also be of interest to you that the Computer Science degree course offers a year in industry option, which you can learn more about here. The Computer Science department encourages all their students to spend a year working in the computing industry between the second and third taught years of their degree scheme. Help is available from the department and the University's Careers Service to find suitable placements and to develop your interview skills and CV. :smile:

I could also put you in touch with a current or past Computer Science student, or one of the lecturers to discuss things further if you’re interested? :smile:

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Kind regards
Sulwen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending