Brunel vs Westminster software engineering

Watch
LiamSD
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,

I can't decide on what uni I should go to. There are benefits and negatives of both of them.

The course I want to do and have an offer for at Brunel is BSc (Hons) Computer Science (Software Engineering) with Professional practise.

The course I want to do and have an offer for at Westminster uni is Software Engineering BEng.

From looking at uni stats and rankings Brunel seems to be the better uni is this correct?

The only issue with Brunel is the travel, it would take me around 1hr 45min to get there. I want to stay at home as well. If the metropolitan line or piccadilly line isn't working then getting there will be a big problem. Which I'm quite worried about. In regards to this, if a current student is reading this could you send me your time table? (Blank out your personal info and I understand it's subject to change) that would help me have abetter understanding on how many times I would have to go there a week. However, Westminster would take me about 25min to go to using a bus.

Furthermore, one thing about both of these uni's is that there descriptions for what their course modules are about have limited information. I really would like some more info about Brunel year one's modules to get a better understanding. For example, in a certain unit are we covering the programming language JAVA in order to build applications. I tried emailing them but this hasn't solved the issue.

I'm going to the open days which they have invited me to so hopefully that will help.

What uni would you got to out of these two?
Last edited by LiamSD; 1 year ago
protienshake_
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
dont be a retard, brunel is way better. Westminister is for failures who got D and Es at A level
LiamSD
Rep:
?
Ok thanks I actually wasn't aware of that. haha
protienshake_
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
no problem, check the uni rankings too. At this day and age the ranking of unis matter since everyone can get a 'degree'. All the best pal.
bloomer36
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Go to Brunel for sure. My brother goes there; it's a good uni.
LiamSD
Rep:
?
(Original post by bloomer36)
Go to Brunel for sure. My brother goes there; it's a good uni.
Thanks for the advice, what does he study? Computer science?
bloomer36
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by LiamSD)
Thanks for the advice, what does he study? Computer science?
No, Sociology
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (344)
34.75%
No (646)
65.25%

Watched Threads