The Student Room Group

Listening to music in GCSE Art Exam 2019 :/

Hi, I'm a GCSE Art student and I'm doing my art GCSE exam in a month's time from now. We will be doing 2 days of 5 hrs (to make 10 hours) and I was thinking of wearing earphones during the exam (wireless ones) underneath my headscarf (I'm a Muslim lol) because I can't focus at all on art without music :frown: My teacher said she will let us listen to the radio but tbh I never listen to the radio so it's going to be a really long exam - especially because I tend to get headaches from focusing on drawing for so long. I honestly want to do well but idk if I should go through with it or not because there's a risk of me getting caught and probably disqualified :frown: Any opinions or thoughts on what I should do? Really appreciate it.
Original post by sabina-r03
Hi, I'm a GCSE Art student and I'm doing my art GCSE exam in a month's time from now. We will be doing 2 days of 5 hrs (to make 10 hours) and I was thinking of wearing earphones during the exam (wireless ones) underneath my headscarf (I'm a Muslim lol) because I can't focus at all on art without music :frown: My teacher said she will let us listen to the radio but tbh I never listen to the radio so it's going to be a really long exam - especially because I tend to get headaches from focusing on drawing for so long. I honestly want to do well but idk if I should go through with it or not because there's a risk of me getting caught and probably disqualified :frown: Any opinions or thoughts on what I should do? Really appreciate it.

If caught you will be disqualified. It’s a foolish plan.

i get what u mean, music is the only thing that helps me concentrate.maybe you could ask the teacher to put on a certain radio station or music? the plan sounds like it could work,but i guess it depends if ur willing to risk disqualification. if i were you i don't think i would risk it ngl. you could always get some cheap wireless headphones or have anything other than a phone that plays music?it sounds very risky having a phone in ur pocket w wires.good luck anyway, i'm sure u will b great :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by mazzystar111

i get what u mean, music is the only thing that helps me concentrate.maybe you could ask the teacher to put on a certain radio station or music? the plan sounds like it could work,but i guess it depends if ur willing to risk disqualification. if i were you i don't think i would risk it ngl. you could always get some cheap wireless headphones or have anything other than a phone that plays music?it sounds very risky having a phone in ur pocket w wires.good luck anyway, i'm sure u will b great :smile:

Thanks for replying and good luck to you too :smile: I was thinking of using wireless earphones in the exam but I'm starting to reconsider and I'm thinking about just dealing with it because I'm going to be risking my whole Art GCSE :8 Btw what type of Art do you do? I do GCSE Fine Art and my exam board is OCR.
don't risk it. could lead to you getting disqualified not only from that exam but from all exams by that exam board in the future. won't look good on your behalf, plus now they spot check and ask for you to empty out your pockets or get a metal detecting thing and wave it near you. it's just not worth it.
I did my GCSE art exam 2 years ago now, and I understand where you're coming from but I wouldn't risk it! Honestly the time goes by so quickly and isn't as painful as it sounds! I have my A-level art exam this year and it's 15 hours ahhh! Best of luck with it!
Thanks for replying and good luck to you too :smile: I was thinking of using wireless earphones in the exam but I'm starting to reconsider and I'm thinking about just dealing with it because I'm going to be risking my whole Art GCSE :8 Btw what type of Art do you do? I do GCSE Fine Art and my exam board is OCR.

i don't do art gcse, i just really struggle w concentrating in exams n i'm only ok if i'm revising w music aha. i think you shouldn't risk it tbh,imagine how annoyed you would b with yourself if you got caught.
Reply 7
Original post by mazzystar111
i don't do art gcse, i just really struggle w concentrating in exams n i'm only ok if i'm revising w music aha. i think you shouldn't risk it tbh,imagine how annoyed you would b with yourself if you got caught.

unauathorised material being brought into exam room!
Reply 8
Hello everyone :smile: I thought about what I decided to do and I'm no longer considering this because I guess I can deal with it and I am risking a lot of things. Thanks for all of the advice.

Quick Reply

Latest