Randoman019
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
What is bio at A-level really like?
How do you cope with the work load?
Is there a lot of work load?
What are you achieving currently/how you finding it?
Etc lol.
bethanyfish
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I did Biology A-Level. There is a lot of work, it can be quite a technical subject, but I found most of it really interesting, and therefore didn't mind so much putting the work in.
I think the work-load depends on the exam board, some have coursework as part of the A-Level, but I'm not sure if this varies between exam boards.
anonymous.2000
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I’m in my second year of a levels, doing A level Biology with OCR. A level Biology is content heavy, and for me it’s stressful right now. (My brain is half dead as I’ve finished making all my notes for Biology). At the same time, I’m cramming, so with Biology you really need to keep on top of it and get ahead of everyone which is how you’d manage the workload.
Biology is more about remembering the content and exam technique.
The content in itself is not difficult to understand, but there are some units where you’re like wtf is this **** but once you get it, you get it.
The annoying thing about Biology is that in exam questions even if you know the content inside out, and you have the correct answer/idea, you could literally get no marks if your not specific enough. You need to know specific biological terms (buzzwords) that enable you to access all the marks.
I’m predicted an A in Biology but I’m aiming for an A*.
Randoman019
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by anonymous.2000)
I’m in my second year of a levels, doing A level Biology with OCR. A level Biology is content heavy, and for me it’s stressful right now. (My brain is half dead as I’ve finished making all my notes for Biology). At the same time, I’m cramming, so with Biology you really need to keep on top of it and get ahead of everyone which is how you’d manage the workload.
Biology is more about remembering the content and exam technique.
The content in itself is not difficult to understand, but there are some units where you’re like wtf is this **** but once you get it, you get it.
The annoying thing about Biology is that in exam questions even if you know the content inside out, and you have the correct answer/idea, you could literally get no marks if your not specific enough. You need to know specific biological terms (buzzwords) that enable you to access all the marks.
I’m predicted an A in Biology but I’m aiming for an A*.
Aha thanks. I was rather concerned about if I'd understand all the content but thats fair enough
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (161)
17.5%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (81)
8.8%
No I am happy with my course choice (547)
59.46%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (131)
14.24%

Watched Threads