Potential for language qualification (not degree) alongside another degree?

Watch
ThatJosh
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I've got an offer for a Politics degree, which I'm thinking of taking. I wondered is it possible to take a (smaller, for lack of better word) qualification in a modern foreign language such as French or German?

Would be something I'm interested in ^^
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You can almost certainly do an optional module in a language alongside your degree.

I know my university does politics courses with a language, such as French or German, so you might be able to switch to a course like that with minimal difficulty.
ThatJosh
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by HoldThisL)
You can almost certainly do an optional module in a language alongside your degree.

I know my university does politics courses with a language, such as French or German, so you might be able to switch to a course like that with minimal difficulty.
I'm not able to find something like "Politics with French" at Royal Holloway, annoyingly. Hopefully someone from there will be able to better-advise me, because this is definitely something I would like to have offered.
Royal Holloway, University of London
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ThatJosh)
I've got an offer for a Politics degree, which I'm thinking of taking. I wondered is it possible to take a (smaller, for lack of better word) qualification in a modern foreign language such as French or German?

Would be something I'm interested in ^^
Hi ThatJosh,

Congratulations on your offer! :grin:

While we don't currently offer a direct Politics with a language option, it may be possible to take modules from other departments. I would recommend getting in touch with the department directly to discuss this further as it's usually looked at on a case by case basis. You can email them at [email protected] k.

If you have any other questions, please let me know!

Susana
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (43)
8.05%
Confident (70)
13.11%
Indifferent (75)
14.04%
Unsure (138)
25.84%
Worried (208)
38.95%

Watched Threads