Torn between universities (Nottingham or Bristol) Watch

Wallacecopter
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi all!
I am a year 13 student applying for medicine. I currently hold offers from KCL, Sheffield and Nottingham, and am waiting to hear back from Bristol.

I have ruled out KCL since I am not keen on living in London and did not like the feel when I went to their interview. Although I initially liked Sheffield, and haven't ruled it out, nothing in particular about it stands out to me.

I loved the feel of Nottingham on their open day, and the accommodation is amazing. However I also really liked the city of Bristol and somebody very close to me is going there. This leaves me torn between the two universities and I cannot choose which to have as my firm.

I have an offer holder day booked for both Nottingham and Sheffield but cannot do anything at Bristol since I do not yet have an offer.

I am wondering if anybody has any experience of these universities or courses that could help me to make my decision?

I would ideally like to make my decision as soon as possible since accommodation opens for Nottingham on Friday and I do not want to miss out on an en-suite room.

Many thanks
Gggg121
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi , well done on your offers , that’s amazing !!
Just curious , when did you get your Nottingham offer ?xxx
Wallacecopter
Rep:
?
Thank you!!
My offer came through on the 7th February and I was interviewed mid-December.
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Wallacecopter)
Hi all!
I am a year 13 student applying for medicine. I currently hold offers from KCL, Sheffield and Nottingham, and am waiting to hear back from Bristol.

I have ruled out KCL since I am not keen on living in London and did not like the feel when I went to their interview. Although I initially liked Sheffield, and haven't ruled it out, nothing in particular about it stands out to me.

I loved the feel of Nottingham on their open day, and the accommodation is amazing. However I also really liked the city of Bristol and somebody very close to me is going there. This leaves me torn between the two universities and I cannot choose which to have as my firm.

I have an offer holder day booked for both Nottingham and Sheffield but cannot do anything at Bristol since I do not yet have an offer.

I am wondering if anybody has any experience of these universities or courses that could help me to make my decision?

I would ideally like to make my decision as soon as possible since accommodation opens for Nottingham on Friday and I do not want to miss out on an en-suite room.

Many thanks
No accommodation is confirmed until results day. Don't be rushed into making a decision. And the more expensive accommodation is often the most available...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wallacecopter
Rep:
?
Nottingham is so cheap that I feel people will go for the more expensive ones, but I could be entirely wrong. I just know I wouldn't survive with a shared bathroom !!

But I know I shouldn't rush and decide entirely on that.
Wallacecopter
Rep:
?
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Jun '19
  • Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Bloomsbury Undergraduate
    Thu, 27 Jun '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (49)
24.62%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (64)
32.16%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (37)
18.59%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (17)
8.54%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (32)
16.08%

Watched Threads