The Student Room Group

Why do boys act 'violent' playfully with friend girl

Basically i have this guy friend of which we joke about quite alot about whos smarter and looks fitter than eachother we literally started speaking properly about two weeks ago nd we kinda clicked cause we r into the same things like sport and education and we have similar view hobbies ect and now all of a sudden when i speak to him i have butterflies in my stomach when i only want to be friends with him and now he randomly pops into my head its weird.
But when i see him talking to someone obv im not gonna disrubt their convo so i walk on and then he ll punch my bag or accidental be in my way or push me in a jokey way, is this how boys try to make friends? tbh to me its just a bit weird
Original post by Anonymous
Basically i have this guy friend of which we joke about quite alot about whos smarter and looks fitter than eachother we literally started speaking properly about two weeks ago nd we kinda clicked cause we r into the same things like sport and education and we have similar view hobbies ect and now all of a sudden when i speak to him i have butterflies in my stomach when i only want to be friends with him and now he randomly pops into my head its weird.

Yup, sounds like you're falling for him hun. :heart::love:

Can't always control who you fall for, or even put your finger on why you fancy this person.

But when i see him talking to someone obv im not gonna disrubt their convo so i walk on and then he ll punch my bag or accidental be in my way or push me in a jokey way, is this how boys try to make friends? tbh to me its just a bit weird

:hmmmm2:

Playful hitting when you're already involved in on-going banter is quite normal (especially if there's a mutual attraction; either consciously or unconsciously) but to randomly hit someone out of the blue while doing something is somewhat unusual.

Thinking about it, he's probably just trying to get your attention... in the same way others may say "hi" to someone passing in mid-conversation with someone else.
(edited 5 years ago)
Yeah it's a friendly thing.

But a boy doing it to a girl maybe is unusual. It's something i'd expect a girl to do to a boy. Or a boy to another boy.
Its very normal between guys, and certainly not completly unheard of between guys/girls.

Teasing is a big part of flirting for most guys/girls, especially teenagers. And what your describing sounds like physical-teasing. My business works with kids as they grow up through their teenage years, and you can pick the boys out, when they are still kids, that will go on to be good with girls. At that age they don't understand flirting and there is nothing romantic there at all - but they get teasing. They tease the girls, and the girls play up to it and tease them back.. 3 years later when they are teenagers, its those same boys who are the ones who have now transitioned their teasing into flirting.. being playful.. etc.

But some of that childish teasing stays. The main reason it works so well is because its a sign that the guy treats you like an equal. You don't playfully tease people who are bellow you. You help them, you bully them, you pity them etc. You don't playfully tease people who are above you because your scared of their response... you tease people who are one the same as you, and who you are close enough to trust won't react badly.

So when a guy teases a girl as part of flirting, the signals he is giving out are very possitive for girls. he is saying (through his actions):

1, hopefully we are close enough that I don't fear your response
2, I am confident enough that even if you respond badly I can handle it
3, I don't think I am beneath you, or that I need to worship you and fear you
4, I don't think I am better then you, and that you should be grateful for having me
5, I have enough social skills/ability to make you laugh and to make us both happy

---

So if you have a guy who is teasing you and flirting with you.. and you like him back. Brilliant, sounds like a perfect combination! Go have fun.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous

The butterflies are a dead give away that your feelings for him as a friend are shifting gears into more of a romantic situation. As far as the getting in your way and hitting your bag or what ever, is what someone else said for attention. Not to mention that us "guys" are not always the slickest when it comes to relationships. Most guys will try to compliment girls and have it come insulting for some reason. I know I do it all the time so sometimes I have found the less said the better. lol
who feels butterflies in there stomach anymore

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending