The Student Room Group

dont want to leave sixth form

i loved my sixth form time, secondary was HELL for me. sixth form was like a warm hug. seriously, the people are so friendly and i was able to recover completely from my bad ocd, anxiety and sh*t self esteem

i gained so much confidence and i love the route to school, the everyday routine, the people and my lovely teachers.

im so thankful for these past 2 years. :frown: im so happy they happened. i just dont want time to go fast :frown:
Reply 1
Only advice I can give really is definitely make the effort to keep in touch with the people you value there. Many of us after sixth form made the mistake of not doing that, and it usually gets more difficult to make friends after sixth form
Original post by Ben878 (LfL)
Only advice I can give really is definitely make the effort to keep in touch with the people you value there. Many of us after sixth form made the mistake of not doing that, and it usually gets more difficult to make friends after sixth form

really? how? i thought with such big university, u have more chances at making friends. the library is my home anyway lol i make friends in libraries. also, currently, i dont have actual friends i can call up during holidays so it's cool (this post makes me seem like a nerd LOL im not i just love the quietness of libraries and how peaceful making notes/studying is. im not very expressive so i dont know how to hang out with ppl idk im not used to it but i make friends easily)
(edited 5 years ago)
I'm in exactly the same position as you, I've been enamoured with my time at my sixth form college, studying three subjects I love surrounded by friendly students, the three best teachers I've ever had and I love not having to get up at 7AM every day too :wink: I'll be sad to leave, but just remember you can keep in touch with everyone (I disagree with the bit about it not being easy to make friends at university; there's so many more students and you'll be able to join clubs, go on nights out, etc. where it will be easy to meet people) and everyone is in the same boat as you. Also bear in mind that university will still have all the aspects of sixth form that helped you (friendlier people, a routine of some kind, and an overall warmer and gentler atmosphere) :smile:
Original post by SpacePatroFan189
I'm in exactly the same position as you, I've been enamoured with my time at my sixth form college, studying three subjects I love surrounded by friendly students, the three best teachers I've ever had and I love not having to get up at 7AM every day too :wink: I'll be sad to leave, but just remember you can keep in touch with everyone (I disagree with the bit about it not being easy to make friends at university; there's so many more students and you'll be able to join clubs, go on nights out, etc. where it will be easy to meet people) and everyone is in the same boat as you. Also bear in mind that university will still have all the aspects of sixth form that helped you (friendlier people, a routine of some kind, and an overall warmer and gentler atmosphere) :smile:

im glad u loved ur time at sixth form too. its the norm/cool for teens to have that "ugh i hate school" attitude and its so weird lol...??? anyways this was very reassuring. i love being this age (17/18). i just dk man
Reply 5
Original post by ggxsywes
really? how? i thought with such big university, u have more chances at making friends. the library is my home anyway lol i make friends in libraries. also, currently, i dont have actual friends i can call up during holidays so it's cool (this post makes me seem like a nerd LOL im not i just love the quietness of libraries and how peaceful making notes/studying is. im not very expressive so i dont know how to hang out with ppl idk im not used to it but i make friends easily)

I made a mistake editing after pasting my answer, my bad - I meant to say it's good to have friends for when you come home from uni for summer & holidays and it's worth to keep in contact even later as it's usually harder to make friends after uni
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending