Is this anxiety? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Okay so from the ages of 4-13 ish I have been waking up in the middle of the night freaking out. This hasn’t been every night, maybe not even not every week but sometimes 5 nights in a row. I think something like I’m letting my parents down - it used to be the same dream where they were we couldn’t go on holiday because I’d done something even tho we had the tickets. Sometimes I would have no recollection of this but it has been happening again lately (im 16) and I get the feeling before it happens. When it does I can’t control it. When I say freaking out it could be crying, panting, repeatedly saying sorry or I’m so sorry or I would just stare at my parents apparently. I don’t know what this is, any suggestions or on how to stop it?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
-Eirlys-
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It could be anxiety but it seems there's more to it than that. Having one specific dream and waking up so upset every night could suggest an unresolved family issue or trauma. I don't think it's common for people with anxiety to wake up like you do every night. You should see a doctor about this.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by hannxm)
It could be anxiety but it seems there's more to it than that. Having one specific dream and waking up so upset every night could suggest an unresolved family issue or trauma. I don't think it's common for people with anxiety to wake up like you do every night. You should see a doctor about this.
Thank you. I honestly can’t think of an issue or trauma tbh. Don’t think I will see a doctor because it’s such a fuss. They’ve stopped for a bit now anyway but you have given me an idea of what it could be x
Anonymous #1
Thank you. I honestly can’t think of an issue or trauma tbh. Don’t think I will see a doctor as it is too much fuss, they’ve stopped for a bit now anyway. You’ve given me an idea of what it could be tho.
abbeycareuk
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I think the main reason for your dreams is your over thinking. When a person over thinks the same thing again and again then it is obvious that he will get dreams for the same thing. This is a type of anxiety where a person's mind is forced to think the same thing again and again. It is better that you stop over thinking the things. It will feel bad for some time when you'll start controlling your mind by not thinking the things again and again but let me tell you it will help you getting out of this situation. Also it is important to discuss these kinds of things with your parents so that they could help you in getting some good advice and suggestions. Also going to rehab centers is a good thing. Some people think it a bad thing but I sure there you'll get a better understanding with your illness. Discuss with your parents and let's see what the outcome will come.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by abbeycareuk)
I think the main reason for your dreams is your over thinking. When a person over thinks the same thing again and again then it is obvious that he will get dreams for the same thing. This is a type of anxiety where a person's mind is forced to think the same thing again and again. It is better that you stop over thinking the things. It will feel bad for some time when you'll start controlling your mind by not thinking the things again and again but let me tell you it will help you getting out of this situation. Also it is important to discuss these kinds of things with your parents so that they could help you in getting some good advice and suggestions. Also going to rehab centers is a good thing. Some people think it a bad thing but I sure there you'll get a better understanding with your illness. Discuss with your parents and let's see what the outcome will come.
I do tend to overthink so I have music playing 24/7 especially when I’m on my own. I’m not sure how I ‘control my mind’ tho. I suppose I need to work on this.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (113)
17.49%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (69)
10.68%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (111)
17.18%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (96)
14.86%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.75%
How can I be the best version of myself? (194)
30.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed