The Student Room Group

Tommy Robinson is banned from facebook and Insta

thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

If you post hateful BS on websites that you don't own, then you're probably going to lose the ability to post on those websites.
*shrug* Facebook's explanation sounds reasonable, they ban tons of folk everyday.
Best news I heard all day
It’s simple: you break the rules and get banned.
Talking about it risks making him some type of martyr in the eyes of some people.

I don't have an developed opinion on Tommy, I don't know enough about the man.
Original post by Burton Bridge
Talking about it risks making him some type of martyr in the eyes of some people.

I don't have an developed opinion on Tommy, I don't know enough about the man.

People always get bogged down in whether he can be defined as a racist, they overlook he has a very long and established criminal record for violence and general thuggery against society in general. He's never learned to keep his hands to himself.

Personally I still think he blames 9/11, not for killing people, but for getting him fired, as the tighter airport regulations meant they couldn't keep a violent drunk employed.
Original post by StriderHort
People always get bogged down in whether he can be defined as a racist, they overlook he has a very long and established criminal record for violence and general thuggery against society in general. He's never learned to keep his hands to himself.

Personally I still think he blames 9/11, not for killing people, but for getting him fired, as the tighter airport regulations meant they couldn't keep a violent drunk employed.

Fair play mate, as I said I don't know enough to enter real debate about him.
Stephen can keep in touch with his pals on Tiktok ?

:dontknow:
Original post by Burton Bridge
Fair play mate, as I said I don't know enough to enter real debate about him.

It gets muddied a lot, as said, people get bogged down in definitions of racism when maybe they should be asking 'is this guy just a ****?'

Lifted from wiki, but "In April 2005, Robinson was convicted of assaulting an off-duty police officer who had intervened to protect Robinson's girlfriend from Robinson.[121][7] Robinson was given a custodial sentence for this offence" was the bit that always stuck with me, zero respect for people who take their problems out on their partners,
Reply 10
his whole image is about 'being censored', but you can't complain about being censored and be allowed to speak at the same time, so you go out of your way to report on trials knowing there's a ban and knowing you have a suspended sentence, and you post comments on Facebook knowing there are community rules and knowing you were given a final warning. but you don't need your own Facebook account when your followers will promote your work for you. the guy's not ignorant. he's throwing a party right now.
Facebook is allowed to choose who can have an account and who can’t. No one has a ‘right’ to post on Facebook.
Reply 12
This place seems to be pretty heavy on censorship for a "student room".
An Islamic "extremist" , Mohammed Shafiq, is claiming the credit for this.

https://twitter.com/mshafiquk/status/1100373001965629440

Interestingly twitter (which has also banned Tommy Robinson) has no qualms in hosting his feed, in which he, (for example) delightfully calls for Majid Nawaz to be killed for blasphemy...

http://archive.is/7fC7r

And people wonder why TR's influence grows and grows.
What a coincidence this came just days after Tommy exposed the BBC for colluding with far left extremist groups and falsifying a rape allegation against him.
Another dreary thread full of the usual dull as ditch water progressives and leftists with absolutely nothing of interest to say. The lack of independent thought or nuance is astounding.

No-one on here questions whether property rights should trample people's rights. How an oligopoly of a few giant capitalist corporations should be allowed to censor and stymie a lone individual's free speech. Let's hear it for capitalism! How extreme right wing of you all.

Not does it occur to anyone that if you don't protect the freedom of speech of those with whom you disagree you eventually won't get to keep it yourself.
Reply 16
Original post by generallee
Another dreary thread full of the usual dull as ditch water progressives and leftists with absolutely nothing of interest to say. The lack of independent thought or nuance is astounding.

No-one on here questions whether property rights should trample people's rights. How an oligopoly of a few giant capitalist corporations should be allowed to censor and stymie a lone individual's free speech. Let's hear it for capitalism! How extreme right wing of you all.

Not does it occur to anyone that if you don't protect the freedom of speech of those with whom you disagree you eventually won't get to keep it yourself.

Banned from Facebook loss of freedom of speech.
there's always club penguin advertisement
Original post by generallee

It's ironic that you accuse others of lack of independent thought while resorting to the predictable victimhood narrative that has become characteristic of easily outraged and effete modern right. Freedom of speech does not include the right to have your stuff hosted on someone else's web server.
Original post by Rainfall
Best news I heard all day

no, it's not good news because of this ban the drunken little thug will become a martyr to his followers. The reason why his account was ban because his posts broke Facebook and Instagram rules.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending