pigeontree27
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi! I was just offered a place to study medicine at Cardiff in 2019, and was looking through the accomodation options. Where would be the best place to stay as I wouldnt want to go somewhere very live as I would want to stay away from the nightlife aspect.
Thankyou!
kazzykat95
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by pigeontree27)
Hi! I was just offered a place to study medicine at Cardiff in 2019, and was looking through the accomodation options. Where would be the best place to stay as I wouldnt want to go somewhere very live as I would want to stay away from the nightlife aspect.
Thankyou!
Aberconway and Cartwright are both pretty decent - Aberconway is only half a mile away from the main building and Cartwright is pretty close to local shops so it's fairly convenient but not too noisy. Liberty House is also really good as it's only a quarter of a mile away from the Heath Park campus.
Angury
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Thankyou!
If you are studying Medicine you will spend your first year divided between the Heath campus and the main campus.

If you want to stay away from nightlife, avoid Talybont is my first advice.
Secondly, consider Liberty Living; either Liberty House, Court or Severn Point.

Liberty House is right next to the Heath campus and is also close to Roath Park. It is also much, much quieter than the rest of the accommodations. It is however a bit further away from the main campus and city centre (about a 40 minute walk).

Liberty Court & Severn Point are mid-way between the Heath and main campus. They are also closer to the city centre. They are also quieter than Talybont but located in the same sort of area so you still get the 'student' experience.

Hope that helps.
jodielister
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Thankyou!
Hi, I also wanted to live somewhere quiet for my first year so I chose Arofan House which has been brilliant! you can request when applying to be in the quiet block and with quiet people, as well as this because its located down city road its far quieter, highly recommended
pigeontree27
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Thank you so much! do you know if talybont gate is as loud as the others?
(Original post by Angury)
If you are studying Medicine you will spend your first year divided between the Heath campus and the main campus.

If you want to stay away from nightlife, avoid Talybont is my first advice.
Secondly, consider Liberty Living; either Liberty House, Court or Severn Point.

Liberty House is right next to the Heath campus and is also close to Roath Park. It is also much, much quieter than the rest of the accommodations. It is however a bit further away from the main campus and city centre (about a 40 minute walk).

Liberty Court & Severn Point are mid-way between the Heath and main campus. They are also closer to the city centre. They are also quieter than Talybont but located in the same sort of area so you still get the 'student' experience.

Hope that helps.
Angury
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Thank you so much! do you know if talybont gate is as loud as the others?
I left Cardiff before it opened so I'm not sure I'm afraid. When I was there it was always Taly North & South that had the reputation of being loud.
chloegalsy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi everyone,

I have been allocated into Tallybont North, is there anyone here who has been given Talybont gate or Talybont court that would be willing or wants to swap?
Cardiff University
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
If you'd like to meet people in your accommodation before you arrive (or keep up with what's happening once you get there!) join the Facebook group for your Halls here: https://www.cardiffstudents.com/city...ng/residences/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (153)
18.84%
Labour (347)
42.73%
Liberal Democrats (161)
19.83%
Green Party (45)
5.54%
Brexit Party (21)
2.59%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.37%
SNP (11)
1.35%
Plaid Cymru (6)
0.74%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.12%
Sinn Fein (1)
0.12%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)