carmel!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello guys! I am an international student from Malaysia. Would really like to know how to get from Malaysia to the University of Plymouth in the Uk!
Hope to get some advises on flights and routes to this destination!
hello_shawn
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The nearest international airport is Exeter. You can fly from KL to Amsterdam with... KL(M), then connect on a Flybe flight. Then there's regular bus services to Exeter city centre, and a coach from there to Plymouth university.
If you have money to burn then you can hire a taxi to take you directly from the airport to Plymouth uni
carmel!
Rep:
?
Thanks hello_shawn for the response! Does Flybe flight connects with the flight from KL? or they are separate flights which I've got to get my baggages first and check in again?? Probably costs how much for a taxi ride? The university and some blogs that I have visited recommended to a taxi for first year students with baggages.
Is it normally in the Uk for universities not having airport pick ups for first year students?
hello_shawn
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by carmel!)
Thanks hello_shawn for the response! Does Flybe flight connects with the flight from KL? or they are separate flights which I've got to get my baggages first and check in again?? Probably costs how much for a taxi ride? The university and some blogs that I have visited recommended to a taxi for first year students with baggages.
Is it normally in the Uk for universities not having airport pick ups for first year students?
Yeah most places don't pick students up from airports, they usually have to make their own way to campus.
At the moment you'd have to book the KLM and Flybe flights separately which means picking up and checking in your bags again. If you prefer a simple layover flight then book to Bristol instead (as Bristol is served by KLM), there is also a coach from Bristol airport to Plymouth which takes 2 hours 45 minutes but you might find it more convenient regarding your baggage
jameswhughes
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello guys! I am an international student from Malaysia. Would really like to know how to get from Malaysia to the University of Plymouth in the Uk!
Fly to Heathrow and get a coach. It will be a longer journey within the UK but you'll save the time by not having a layover, and the coaches are fairly cheap. I would avoid doing Flybe to Exeter, as you'll have to take a long layover in Amsterdam and might get caught out by high baggage fees.
carmel!
Rep:
?
Thank You! hello_shawn jameswhughes! You guys are awesome! Will check out all that u have mentioned!
It is gonna be a pretty long way to go from Malaysia to Plymouth with all the heavy baggages.
University of Plymouth
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi @carmel!,

I'm not an expert when it comes to travel, however, I would personally recommend getting a flight into London and then getting either a coach or a train straight to Plymouth. If you're flying to Heathrow, there may be a direct coach service, which will make life much easier with your luggage

I am more than happy to investigate whether we offer a pickup service - please can you let me know if you'd like me to look into this?

If you do get a connecting flight to Exeter, please don't get a taxi to Plymouth! It will come at a huge and unnecessary expense. You can get a taxi to the train station which will get you to Plymouth at a much lower price.

I hope you're excited about uni! Please let me know if you have any questions

- Seren, University of Plymouth Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (256)
33.86%
No (500)
66.14%

Watched Threads