Mono92
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello I have accepted a place for msci biological sciences at exeter University to start September 2020; I am a mature student and was wondering if anyone doing this course at the moment wouldn't mind sharing their schedule days/times? I live close to Exeter so was going to travel there and back each day and was wondering what type of job you can have around the course? (if any) I did ask exeter however they weren't overly clear! Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you! Oh also if anyone knows how common are mature students at exeter? I am going to be 27 when I start and worried I may be the only one there! 😅
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
People come into education at different times of their lives so don't worry about being the only one there. This kind of course is quite intense so I would work out your schedule first and then think about a job. I worked weekends only when I was a student studying something similar. Uni are only just sending out offers so won't have timetables ready.
(Original post by Mono92)
Hello I have accepted a place for msci biological sciences at exeter University to start September 2020; I am a mature student and was wondering if anyone doing this course at the moment wouldn't mind sharing their schedule days/times? I live close to Exeter so was going to travel there and back each day and was wondering what type of job you can have around the course? (if any) I did ask exeter however they weren't overly clear! Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you! Oh also if anyone knows how common are mature students at exeter? I am going to be 27 when I start and worried I may be the only one there! 😅
CatnipGlows
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Mono92)
Hi, I don't do this course but do study here so can be a little help. There is a mature students society at the uni, so don't be worried about feeling too left out. Getting a job will depend entirely on what your timetable is like, but it's a very student friendly city, and there are a lot of casual jobs available. In terms of travelling every day - if you want to drive, you have to pay for an annual parking pass from the University and there is very limited parking, so it might be worth using public transport, depending where you live.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (665)
33.54%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (845)
42.61%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (384)
19.36%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (89)
4.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise