amyg1990
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I’m finding the University Open days I’m applying to attend are all coming back to me saying they’re largely aimed at undergraduates, this is troubling me as I have lots of questions regarding being a master’s student. I’m wondering if anyone here can help instead before I have some wasted journeys…

I have offers for the Social Work masters at Birmingham City and Worcester.

Worcester- I really want to go here but will be commuting from Wolverhampton. Whilst this is fine for the days I am at the uni I am concerned about placements. Does anyone know if there is much leeway on where we are placed? What’s the likelihood in them finding me places my side of Worcestershire? If I am to be placed south of Worcester, I am really going to struggle to get to my placements! Where I volunteer in Wolverhampton now, we actually have a Worcester Uni placement student, so I’m hoping something can be sorted.

BCU – This is closest to me so logically makes sense for me to attend. At interview day we were told we would be expected to be in 4days a week, if anyone studies here can you tell me, are these 4 taught days? Or is this more of a study expectation? Every other uni I’ve been to has said they expect 2.5 days? It doesn’t matter Id just like to know 😊

Funding- I wanted to ask about both the Masters Govt Loan and the Bursary.
I intend on applying for both and then taking the bursary over the Loan if I am successful.
When should you apply for the Govt Loan?
Does anyone have any info on actually applying for the bursary? I believe applications for this begin in March?

Experience – if anyone study’s at either uni on the Masters course Id love to hear your feedback, really cant decide where to go at the moment!

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (440)
67.28%
No (214)
32.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed