The Student Room Group

Can Khan Academy be used to learn A level maths

Is it possible to learn the entire contents of a level mathematics on khan academy? I am self studying and wondering if it is worth my time. i have used this for my GCSE's in high school but i do not know if it goes as high as A level or not and if it includes all subjects in the A level mathematics syllabus
Original post by Motorcate
Is it possible to learn the entire contents of a level mathematics on khan academy? I am self studying and wondering if it is worth my time. i have used this for my GCSE's in high school but i do not know if it goes as high as A level or not and if it includes all subjects in the A level mathematics syllabus

For the most part, yes. Be aware Khan Academy is sort of tailored more towards those SAT/AP qualifications etc so the specification/terminology will be different for some topics.

ExamSolutions.net would be a better choice imo. It's tailored for the A-level specs.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Motorcate

I wouldn’t recommend it since it’s designed for a US audience so terminology etc. will be different.

Try Examsolutions instead which is designed specifically for the new A Level maths spec and it has videos for every topic just like KhanAcademy.
Reply 3
@Blue_Cow great minds...
Reply 4
i am considering khan academy due to its mastery system which makes it easier to identify weak points and also because it's kind of like gamification
exam solution not working atm?

Quick Reply

Latest