The Student Room Group

Economics Grad. LSE & Ex-trader AMA & Quick A-level Survey!

First of all, thanks for taking the time out to read the below and complete the short survey which shouldn’t take longer than 5 minutes. I studied BSc Economics at the London School of Economics and recently quit my role as a Trader at a hedge fund based in Central London. Feel free to ask me anything.

In this free time, I am also thinking to create an exam-board specific A-level online course for Economics, which would consist of lectures, exam technique tips, sample essays and notes, and would be organised by segments of the syllabus and units. By purchasing the course, students will also gain access to online support and mentoring on topics outside of the course i.e. financial-career related topics.

The four issues I currently see are:

Extortionate tuition fees at A-level ranging from £30-50 per hour

The current academic structure which mean students take both AS-level and A-level exams at the end of their second year and may need lectures to revisit certain topics

The displacement of content scattered across the internet; this course will hopefully become the one-stop shop designed to contain all the relevant knowledge according to the syllabus in an organised manner

Different learning styles; I myself prefer learning at my own pace with full autonomy so having a course available at my fingertips would personally appeal to someone with my style of learning

Right, is the discussion still here?
Reply 2
Yes, just waiting for moderators to approve the opening post.
Reply 3
www . poll-maker . com/QE4DJNW

(Please remove space between either sides of the '.'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending