The Student Room Group

My desire to help people gets me anxious

Hi guys! Recently I’ve realised that I want to help ppl so much that I’m taking actions which are out of my comfort zone. Sounds fine right? Well, it definitely is not fine for me. It works this way: I see someone who might need help, of course it’s only in my head bcs this person doesn’t ask for anything, I just approach myself and offer help, and it would be fine, but while approaching I get really stressed and often stumble so the person often doesn’t really get what I mean, which obviously leads to my feeling dumb and anxious and then I overanalyse the whole situation for the whole day which makes me feel even worse. I can’t help myself with that. Do you have any advices what should I do?
hi
i think you can strart with helping your family members then start help your friends and you can help anyone you will see him in help,if you find anxious you can make one do it for you ,But to know help is not all in menoy some may need feeling of safe and support some may need to feel they are acceptied in life.

Quick Reply

Latest