The Student Room Group

In love with my teacher

Okay guys so I have to get this off my chest because it is really bugging me, I am 18 and I am in my last year of sixth form, I have this teacher who I have known for many years because I was in her form and she is 25 years old. I have totally fallen in love with her over the past few years, she just seems like the perfect person who I'd date or marry. We have developed our teacher student relationship into more of a friendship and she suffers from anxiety sometimes and I have helped her and we often talk about stuff(nothing rude). Am I just being stupid and should just get over it or should I ask for her number before I leave this year for university and maybe persue a relationship with her obviously not straight away. I don't know what to do I am very confused I don't want to get her in trouble or cause her to lose her job but she's just so perfect in my mind and I don't know what to do.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Okay guys so I have to get this off my chest because it is really bugging me, I am 18 and I am in my last year of sixth form, I have this teacher who I have known for many years because I was in her form and she is 25 years old. I have totally fallen in love with her over the past few years, she just seems like the perfect person who I'd date or marry. We have developed our teacher student relationship into more of a friendship and she suffers from anxiety sometimes and I have helped her and we often talk about stuff(nothing rude). Am I just being stupid and should just get over it or should I ask for her number before I leave this year for university and maybe persue a relationship with her obviously not straight away. I don't know what to do I am very confused I don't want to get her in trouble or cause her to lose her job but she's just so perfect in my mind and I don't know what to do.

This is normal. You'll get over her.

/thread
I've been and still am in the same position!! I still keep in touch with her. I love her personality, she checks up to see how I'm doing, she knows some personal issues of mine too. And honestly, she is perfect. And I know that she knows she's my favourite. I always contemplate on whether I should tell her but always hesitate!
PM me if you want to chat about this.

Thanks for the tag Kaylee :tongue:
Original post by JoshDarnIt
Thanks for the tag Kaylee :tongue:

he brought oil to fire
Original post by B L A N K
he brought oil to fire

Never a good idea :colone:
LOL Love is really blind
OMG IM IN LOVE W MY TEACHER TOO HES SO NICE. okay so basically what u shld do is rlly be there for her thru her anxiety maybe open up to her abt ur troubles and she may open up to u, u cld like hint stuff and maybe she might kiss u and yeh. ask for her number "as a joke" unno if she says no be like IM JOKING but if she says yeh HELL WELL DONE. omg like this is what im doing w my teacher MY TEACHER CANT TAKE A HINT AND HE IS SO HOT but he showed me his muscles as a joke once and I aksed to touch it and let me. OMG U SHLD SHO HER UR MUSCLES. #best #advice #ever
Original post by baeoftae
LOL Love is really blind

not always but bats might be :O
Gawd, just bcos you had personal conversations with your teacher doesn't mean she likes you or that you should pursue a romantic relationship. Does not make it appropriate to try and get in her pants.

If you have any respect for the woman or value your friendship then let it go. For her sake and yours.

Or run away to France, whatever (lol - my 2nd school employed that guy as a maths teacher for a while I'm told).
Original post by Dannyboy2015
Gawd, just bcos you had personal conversations with your teacher doesn't mean she likes you or that you should pursue a romantic relationship. Does not make it appropriate to try and get in her pants.

If you have any respect for the woman or value your friendship then let it go. For her sake and yours.

Or run away to France, whatever (lol - my 2nd school employed that guy as a maths teacher for a while I'm told).

I'm not trying to get into her pants at all, I'm in love with her personality more than anything else, we are so similar in so many ways and I know I'm her favourite student she has told me before and we get along so well. It's a shame she is my teacher else she would have been the perfect girl for me.
Original post by Dannyboy2015

I'm more in love with her personality than anything else, she has like the perfect personality and she just understands me so well and we are do similar in so many ways. Urg why did I have to meet her as my teacher, I wish I had the opportunity to meet her elsewhere. It's really hard especially when she teaches me everyday and I don't really see the problem in hanging out with her or anything when I have left sixth form I am 18 and I'll be at uni. Unless it is still illegal.
I'm more in love with her personality than anything else, she has like the perfect personality and she just understands me so well and we are do similar in so many ways. Urg why did I have to meet her as my teacher, I wish I had the opportunity to meet her elsewhere. It's really hard especially when she teaches me everyday and I don't really see the problem in hanging out with her or anything when I have left sixth form I am 18 and I'll be at uni. Unless it is still illegal.

Well if the Sixth Form catches wind you two are together after you've left, which would 100% happen if you had any kind of the relationship you are after. Then she would be in a world of sh*t because as far as they are concerned you may have had a relationship while you were at Sixth form. And at that point, her career would be over. Like someone else said above. If you do like her, then stay the f*ck away from her. She is your teacher and will never be anything more than that. Or if you want to be a selfish assh*le then go for it and when her career is decimated in front of your eyes then you will have to live the rest of your life with that. MOVE ON.

It will deffo be a breach of her fiduciary responsibility for which she would lose her teaching licence. You would ruin this woman's life. Let it go. It's not that hard to let it go. Do you know how many str8 boys I've fell in love with? Can't have a single one of em. Buy a tub of ice cream and watch some s****y TV to help get over her instead. If you like her, you won't ruin her life.
one of our teachers married an ex student after she left school:dong:
Reply 18
Maybe try finding her on Instagram or Facebook and ask to follow/friend her. See if she responds to that. If she doesn’t then you will know for sure that your relationship with her is strictly professional.
Reply 19
I'd leave it indefinitely but if you really like her wait until your out of school for a few months.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending