Born in England- can I get deported?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Sounds stupid but I've been hearing scary stories about how even some people born here can get deported. My mum is russian and initially came here to work as a translator but this was a very long time ago and she has not worked for 20+ years. She is a british citizen but I'm not sure why she was granted this as she's unmarried and doesn't work so she really has no business here. I was born here, am a british citizen, and have never even been to russia but considering her situation I am terrified that since she has no reason to be here I could be deported, is this possible? I am 18. Sorry for the stupid question
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
it's not a stupid question! I can't answer your question unfortunately but I share your concerns about being deported since I'm also an immigrant from Eastern Europe at least you have citizenship so she shouldn't be deported?
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
at least you have citizenship so she shouldn't be deported?
sorry I need to make myself clear, at least she has citizenship so she shouldn't get deported* same goes to you
Anonymous #1
it's not a stupid question! I can't answer your question unfortunately but I share your concerns about being deported since I'm also an immigrant from Eastern Europe at least you have citizenship so she shouldn't be deported?
I know in theory we shouldn't be deported since we both have british passports, but tbh as stupid as it sounds I was just watching UK border force hahaha and there was a girl who was born and raised here but her dad stopped working so the family was deported, and they wouldn't even let her back in to collect her GCSE certificates. this is a hella old episode as well, (10+ years old) so if that happened back then its very likely it could happen to me now what with brexit and all
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
I know in theory we shouldn't be deported since we both have british passports, but tbh as stupid as it sounds I was just watching UK border force hahaha and there was a girl who was born and raised here but her dad stopped working so the family was deported, and they wouldn't even let her back in to collect her GCSE certificates. this is a hella old episode as well, (10+ years old) so if that happened back then its very likely it could happen to me now what with brexit and all
maybe because the dad was on a working visa/only allowed in the uk if he worked? I can't really give this advice but I'm also concerned with this, I don't have a British passport
Anonymous #3
Report 2 years ago
If you are a citizen of the UK and you are an adult you will not be deported, as you have no ties to Russia, and you have fulfilled all the requirements of being a british citizen. It isn't a silly silly question, but you cannot be deported to a country you are not a citizen of.
Anonymous #1
If you are a citizen of the UK and you are an adult you will not be deported, as you have no ties to Russia, and you have fulfilled all the requirements of being a british citizen. It isn't a silly silly question, but you cannot be deported to a country you are not a citizen of.
i have dual citizenship unfortunately, it was done when i was a baby
Anonymous #3
Report 2 years ago
i have dual citizenship unfortunately, it was done when i was a baby
Hmm... then I have no real clue, search it on the internets, or as a citizen advice centre. If russia convicted you of a crime, the UK can deport you as you are 'property' of Russia, and that is vice versa with the UK...although I think russia will not deport people no matter the crime/reason...I'll have to check that. But yeah investigate, sorry I can not give you a definite answer.
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Unless you've done a shamima begum lol or spying for another country, you are as safe as you can be, chill (from a dual national)
Last edited by BlueIndigoViolet; 2 years ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by BlueIndigoViolet)
Unless you've done a shamima begum lol or spying for another country, you are as safe as you can be, chill (from a dual national)
thank goodness. thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (144)
42.73%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (39)
11.57%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (28)
8.31%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (72)
21.36%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.09%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (20)
5.93%

Watched Threads