Studierrrrr
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey! I'm Bree. And I'm sitting my GCSE this year! I'm absolutely terrified but I basically just wanted to write down my progress here and see all of your signs of progress too and motivate each other to do better! Any questions or any discussions about education can be put here too. Study tips or timetables will be much appreciated!

MOCK GRADES (NOVEMBER/DECEMBER)

English literature: 7

English language: 7

Mathematics: 3

Spanish: 4

History: 8

Biology: 7

Physics: 5

Chemistry: 5

Religious Education: 8

PREDICTED GRADES

English literature: 7/8/9

English language: 7/8/9

Mathematics: 5

Spanish: 6/7

History: 7/8/9

Physics: 7

Chemistry: 7

Religious Education: 8/9
Studierrrrr
Rep:
?
Some tips!

Daily study: 2 hours

Writing up notes on the computer. Going through past papers and their answers. Remembering quotes via revision cards. Doing lots of mindmaps. Doing at least an hour a day but I've mostly been hitting two hours for the last couple of weeks. At the moment I am doing my mocks which don't finish till next Wednesday. I go swimming every Wednesday, and this really helps with stress. I also have changed my diet completely and for the last three months, I've been eating a lot healthier cutting down on sugary foods. I've also just started to revise intensely the last couple of weeks and I'm planning to continue this after my mock week. I don't do any revision on Friday's though because it is my stress-free day. Swimming if from 6-9, so I do my revision from 4:00-5:30, then when I come back I do another half an hour session sometimes an hour. I've been trying to sleep by 11:00 but that's been a struggle! Lol!
phyf
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Maths seems to be Ur lowest subject and the only help I can really give for that is to tell you to do a TON of past papers. Trust me, it really helps. If you don't understand a topuc, ask Ur teacher or check for videos of people doing questions from that topic on youtube
Studierrrrr
Rep:
?
(Original post by phyf)
Maths seems to be Ur lowest subject and the only help I can really give for that is to tell you to do a TON of past papers. Trust me, it really helps. If you don't understand a topuc, ask Ur teacher or check for videos of people doing questions from that topic on youtube
Math's is definitely my lowest subject! I'm doing foundation and found it so incredibly difficult whereas all my other subjects I've been able to go through like a breeze! Thanks! My teacher has also been helping by setting my exam papers every week. What's your current maths grade?
phyf
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Studierrrrr)
Math's is definitely my lowest subject! I'm doing foundation and found it so incredibly difficult whereas all my other subjects I've been able to go through like a breeze! Thanks! My teacher has also been helping by setting my exam papers every week. What's your current maths grade?
I'm on an A* currently in class (I do ccea which still uses letter grades) and I get the results of my first module back next Thursday so fingers crossed it's good!!
Studierrrrr
Rep:
?
Hopefully x
(Original post by phyf)
I'm on an A* currently in class (I do ccea which still uses letter grades) and I get the results of my first module back next Thursday so fingers crossed it's good!!
x.emilye
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey, I got 11 9s at GCSE and wrote an article about revision tips and staying motivated so check it out https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/rev...stay-motivated

Wishing everyone the best of luck
maryam2604
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Studierrrrr)
Hey! I'm Bree. And I'm sitting my GCSE this year! I'm absolutely terrified but I basically just wanted to write down my progress here and see all of your signs of progress too and motivate each other to do better! Any questions or any discussions about education can be put here too. Study tips or timetables will be much appreciated!

MOCK GRADES (NOVEMBER/DECEMBER)

English literature: 7

English language: 7

Mathematics: 3

Spanish: 4

History: 8

Physics: 5

Chemistry: 5

Religious Education: 8

PREDICTED GRADES

English literature: 7/8/9

English language: 7/8/9

Mathematics: 5

Spanish: 6/7

History: 7/8/9

Physics: 7

Chemistry: 7

Religious Education: 8/9
we're doing the same, but instead of triple science, im doing double, and instead of rs im doing graphics! Are u gcse 2020?
maryam2604
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How do u revise history and English literature?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (492)
33.47%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (610)
41.5%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (300)
20.41%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (68)
4.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed