The Student Room Group

maths functional skills level2

Hey, my name is James. I'm almost 19 and am in a scary situation. Maths has never been my strong point, I've always struggled with it. I have resat GCSE maths four times, and still failed every single resit, in my last resit, I was 2 marks off of a C. Currently, I'm studying for maths functional skills level 2 and learning to drive, I think I failed my first attempt at maths functional skills level 2, but now have a maths tutor coming to my house once a week to help me on areas that I'm struggling with. I'm so scared because without a level 2 matbs qualification, I can't start any kind of apprenticeship or career. I'm petrified, it keeps me up at night and I don't know what to do. I know I need to keep sticking at it, had anybody got any advice on how to better manage my study and feelings?
this advice is direct and maybe unpopular:
so with maths its a skill so the more you practice the better you get at it. i suggest when you feel sad or like that do some maths questions and it could help distract those feelings
Reply 2
I'm doing functional skills too and I'm rubbish at maths, you just have to keep practicing. my tutor gets us to do past exam papers then we spend time working on what we got wrong but you do have to a practice a little every day to remember formulas etc
Hi James!
Maths is not as difficult as you think. Perhaps you have not bee taught by skilled mathematicians. I would recommend you to take some lessons from me you will fee quite comfortable.

Original post by sentinel james
Hey, my name is James. I'm almost 19 and am in a scary situation. Maths has never been my strong point, I've always struggled with it. I have resat GCSE maths four times, and still failed every single resit, in my last resit, I was 2 marks off of a C. Currently, I'm studying for maths functional skills level 2 and learning to drive, I think I failed my first attempt at maths functional skills level 2, but now have a maths tutor coming to my house once a week to help me on areas that I'm struggling with. I'm so scared because without a level 2 matbs qualification, I can't start any kind of apprenticeship or career. I'm petrified, it keeps me up at night and I don't know what to do. I know I need to keep sticking at it, had anybody got any advice on how to better manage my study and feelings?
*feel

Original post by prof.muneeb
Hi James!
Maths is not as difficult as you think. Perhaps you have not bee taught by skilled mathematicians. I would recommend you to take some lessons from me you will fee quite comfortable.
Reply 5
Take some lessons from me?? He wasnt asking for a new tutor
Reply 6
Hi i absolutely understand how your feeling
But it is possible to pass your level 2 maths
I was terrible at maths my whole school life
I went to college to do mine can you sign up to college?
I passed my level 2 which i was thinking i wouldnt and now currently i am doing my level 3 accounting and waiting to go to university
I hope you maybe feeling a little bit more hopeful

Quick Reply

Latest