CharlotteTas
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I've just applied for student finance (19/20) and I ticked the maximum amount for the maintenance loan but on my application it says only up to 5,448.
Is this a problem or will I still be put down for the full amount?
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The amount you receive is dependent on your parents (or if you are over 25, you and if applicable your partner's) income. If they are earning a higher amount, you are eligible for a smaller proportion of the maximum loan with the expectation your parents will be able to afford to bridge any gap.

How true this is might vary, but as far as SFE are concerned provided the income information you put in is accurate then you should be down to receive the correct amount of loan, generally.

Given the exact amount will be dependent on your individual application, you may want to contact them directly by phone to query that it is at the correct amount (bearing in mind as above, you will be only awarded the maximum you are eligible for, not the absolute maximum possible).
SFE Chanel
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by CharlotteTas)
I've just applied for student finance (19/20) and I ticked the maximum amount for the maintenance loan but on my application it says only up to 5,448.
Is this a problem or will I still be put down for the full amount?
Hi Charlotte,

The application will never show the actual amount you're going to get as it has not been looked at yet by the assessors. Please allow time for review so we can check your household income when this is submitted by your parents/partner.

Thanks, Chanel
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (12)
7.19%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (28)
16.77%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (27)
16.17%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (24)
14.37%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (45)
26.95%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (31)
18.56%

Watched Threads