Relationship help

Watch
Reddawg25
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
My girlfriend was out drinking with her girlfriends one night, and ended up going home with a group of random people who she met that night. She ended up sleeping with one of the guys. She told me she can’t remember doing anything, but she does remember the guy saying they were hooking up on the couch before going to bed. She tells me she can’t remember the name of the guy, or any other details at all either. I love her too much to loose her, but I’m not sure how I can deal with this.
Prussianxo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The fact that she admitted it and told you suggests she trusts you and doesn't want to lie to you it just depends whether you can forgive her
Reddawg25
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Prussianxo)
The fact that she admitted it and told you suggests she trusts you and doesn't want to lie to you it just depends whether you can forgive her
Well she actually lied to me about the night she’d had at first. and it was several weeks later when I found out about some details, and I questioned her about it and she got really upset and devistated and said she was too scared too loose me so she didn’t tell me about it..
ashleyjohnloves
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This is tough. My personal opinion, people make mistakes, we can give them a second chance but I don't really believe in any more then that. You mentioned that she didn't outright tell you, you found out details with time and confronted her about it. I think it's going to be difficult for you to trust her again, even if you give her a second chance. That reminder will be there that she didn't tell you right away. I also think that the "I was blacked out drunk" excuse is not very valid. It's like a get out of jail pass. One should know their alcohol limit and there should be someone who should of told her, "hey you need to get home". If she doesn't remember the guy or even giving consent to the guy, that's sexual assault. I don't know the full details but I would suggest that you take some time for yourself and take a break from the relationship. It's one thing to make out with someone drunk, but sleep with another person? That's something that's a lot tougher to swallow. I know you may be afraid to lose her, but you have to think, do you deserve that? Do you deserve to be anxious throughout your relationship because of this incident. Take some time to really think things through, without your gf around so you can come to a decision that best suits you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (639)
33.47%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (806)
42.22%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.8%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.5%

Watched Threads