MA in Comparative literature/English Literature: Edinburgh or UCL?

Watch
Yang Huayu
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi all!
I've been admitted to the MA programmes of the University of Edinburgh (Comparative Lit & Modern and Contemporary Lit) as well as University College London (Comparative Lit) and find it hard to make a choice.
Edinburgh is well-known for English literature, but UCL has a higher ranking overall and its cooperation with SOAS might help since I'm a Chinese student. I'm also interested in the cross-disciplinary study of literature. Which uni is stronger in English-Chinese and cross-disciplinary comparative literature? I am also considering Edinburgh's MA in Modern and Contemporary English literature. But I am worried if it would be extremely hard for a non-native-speaker to achieve a satisfactory degree since I want to continue on to a Ph.D. What do you think?
Darcey.Spenner
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Definitely Edinburgh, I don't know if you've been but it's a wonderful place. Also, when thinking about second year it'll be super expensive to live in London where as Edinburgh will be slightly cheaper
Yang Huayu
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thank you for your advice! I've never been there before but Edinburgh does seem to be an ideal place to study literature.
(Original post by Darcey.Spenner)
Definitely Edinburgh, I don't know if you've been but it's a wonderful place. Also, when thinking about second year it'll be super expensive to live in London where as Edinburgh will be slightly cheaper
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (70)
27.13%
No - I have already returned home (29)
11.24%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (54)
20.93%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (28)
10.85%
No - I live at home during term anyway (77)
29.84%

Watched Threads