username2427341
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hello, I'm in year 13 and I'm starting to do intense revision for all my subjects right now. I feel like I'm too late and I want to get As and A*s but don't know if I can now. Also, many people are spending like one week revising one subject, the next week revising another week and so on. But I feel like if I do that, then I'm behind on my other subjects and also, once if cous on my second subject, I might still forget everything I revised for the first as I have a bad memory. My plan:
Monday's revise Sociology Paper 1 the whole day and 30 mins of Psychology
Tuesday revise Psychology Paper 1 and 30 mins of Philosophy
Wednesday revise Sociology and Philosophy Paper 2 Sociology and Paper 1 Philosophy
Thursday revise Psychology Paper 2 full day and 30 mins of Philosophy
Friday revise Philosophy Paper 2 full day and 30 minutes of Sociology
Saturday revise Psychology with 30 minutes of Philosophy and Sociology
Sunday revise Sociology Paper 3 and Philosophy Paper 2
and then repeat this every week so that I don't forget about every topic if I just focus on say paper 1. Is this a good plan? How are you revising? Focusing on one sub a week or revising all?
umbrellala
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Not sure if this helps much, but for my A-Levels I split each day into a few hours for each subject (not equally though because some of my subjects needed more revision than others). I preferred to split it daily because I find it hard to focus on one subject for such a long period of time, or I start to get bored and distracted. Then for a day or two before an exam I would dedicate those whole days to the subject/s those exams were on. Honestly I don't think it really matters how you divide your time, as long as it's effective for you. As for leaving it too late, you definitely haven't. I started revising in Easter (which was much too late) but I still managed to come out with alright grades and I'm at my first choice uni now
Fighter365
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by umbrellala)
Not sure if this helps much, but for my A-Levels I split each day into a few hours for each subject (not equally though because some of my subjects needed more revision than others). I preferred to split it daily because I find it hard to focus on one subject for such a long period of time, or I start to get bored and distracted. Then for a day or two before an exam I would dedicate those whole days to the subject/s those exams were on. Honestly I don't think it really matters how you divide your time, as long as it's effective for you. As for leaving it too late, you definitely haven't. I started revising in Easter (which was much too late) but I still managed to come out with alright grades and I'm at my first choice uni now
What grades?
umbrellala
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Fighter365)
What grades?
AABC
Fighter365
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by umbrellala)
AABC
Fair play. Provides me with hope
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Why do you want to do a masters?

Great for my career (44)
37.61%
I really love the subject (29)
24.79%