World's deepest waters becoming 'ultimate sink' for plastic waste Watch

Poll: Which single-use plastics are you going to cut down?
Coffee cups (139)
12.87%
Water bottles (302)
27.96%
Fruit and veg in plastic (126)
11.67%
Takeaway food (91)
8.43%
Plastic bags (277)
25.65%
Facewash with plastic beads (145)
13.43%
TensorTympani
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It's easy to cut down on plastic water bottles just get a thermos.
Molseh
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by _Mia101)
I don't know about most of Asia, but I know that Bangladesh has had a plastic bag ban since 2002 and India (Mumbai) last year and other cities in India earlier. Also, Morocco has had a ban since 2016. In fact, it is ranked as one of the 'greenest countries' in the world as of 2016. Kenya also banned plastic bags in 2017 and has some of the strictest fines in the world (up to £31,000 worth of fines ' for anyone producing, selling – or even just carrying plastic bags' or up to four years' imprisonment).

My point is that although there are countries that haven't banned plastic bags in Africa & Asia, there are plenty that have. And it does all add up and make a difference.
Sure is making a difference... https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2018/...ust-10-rivers/
Fullofsurprises
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by xDron3)
I'm becoming more concerned about plastic, but commercially you don't have any choice.

If you want a drink, it's in a plastic bottle, I go to McDonalds or get a Meal Deal, loads of plastic. I reckon we're 5 years away from a very hefty plastic tax and around 30 years away from needing a licence to use plastic or there being a near blanket ban.
Yes, plastic taxes are the way forwards. As usual. the government will introduce them about 20 years too late to save the environment.
esrever
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
In my state, many disposable plastics are banned
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (129)
17.94%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
10.15%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (124)
17.25%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (104)
14.46%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.74%
How can I be the best version of myself? (219)
30.46%

Watched Threads