UCAS Extra for 2019 Entry Watch

freshinmymind
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
hi guys! does anyone know if there are places for medicine in UCAS extra this year? looking at the UCAS website it looks like aberdeen, buckingham, lancaster and newcastle are all still in?
GANFYD
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by freshinmymind)
hi guys! does anyone know if there are places for medicine in UCAS extra this year? looking at the UCAS website it looks like aberdeen, buckingham, lancaster and newcastle are all still in?
If you filter on courses with vacancies, you just end up with Lincoln, Newcastle and Buckingham, but all of them say the deadline for applications to be guaranteed consideration is 15th Oct so they may not consider your application if there are no places.
Buckingham is a private med school and you pay full fees wherever you are from, so they usually have places available.
freshinmymind
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I've looked in to it a bit more and Lancaster are definitely in - they have information on their website about it (https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/lms/stud...in-ucas-extra/) Not sure about the others :/

(Original post by GANFYD)
If you filter on courses with vacancies, you just end up with Lincoln, Newcastle and Buckingham, but all of them say the deadline for applications to be guaranteed consideration is 15th Oct so they may not consider your application if there are no places.
Buckingham is a private med school and you pay full fees wherever you are from, so they usually have places available.
AliRiz1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Nottingham also does UCAS extra for their new A10L medicine course. I applied today.
khangee
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
How many places they have?thanks
(Original post by AliRiz1)
Nottingham also does UCAS extra for their new A10L medicine course. I applied today.
Shapsharks
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by AliRiz1)
How do you do this?
student0299
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
You have to reject all your offers first and then the option to do ucas extra will come up
(Original post by Shapsharks)
How do you do this?
student0299
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I couldn’t find anything on Newcastle. Do you have a link?
(Original post by GANFYD)
GANFYD
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by student0299)
I couldn’t find anything on Newcastle. Do you have a link?
This was over a month ago and I believe they have filled their places now
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.75%
Excited (150)
8.98%
Worried (302)
18.07%
Terrified (374)
22.38%
Meh (154)
9.22%
Confused (37)
2.21%