?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
help pleasee...
IdleAbyss
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What I've been doing is making A3 mind maps for a particular topic (for example The Big Issue). I'll use two coloured pens, the first for what I can remember off the top of my head and the other for what I have to fill in from my notes. Another way I've been revising is looking through my revision guide and researching more into it without making any notes. Genuinely dedicating my time to media studies in an attempt to make it as interesting as possible has helped me to remember key information.
If you're struggling with the structure of answers I would make a plan outline and try to use it for the next practice question you do (either from class or for revision), if it doesn't work take a look at example answers and try to figure out their overall structure I hope this helps you, good luck!
hemdinho
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
thank you so much...are you doing AQA?
IdleAbyss
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm doing OCR but as far as I know the components are very similar
(Original post by hemdinho)
thank you so much...are you doing AQA?
liv_mae27
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Was just wondering if you had finished course content yet? MY teacher is REFUSING to give us access to the rest of the content and we are far from being finished. (still have foreign LFTVD to do, Jungle Book 1967 and refreshers of Minecraft & Radio 1).

Trying to get a feel of how far along other centres are with content so I can go to her if we really are far behind.
IdleAbyss
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm currently in my first year, but we still haven't covered newspapers (basically paper 1) yet. Are you in second year? If you need any help with any of the content you haven't covered feel free to message me and I'll send you some of my notes
(Original post by liv_mae27)
Was just wondering if you had finished course content yet? MY teacher is REFUSING to give us access to the rest of the content and we are far from being finished. (still have foreign LFTVD to do, Jungle Book 1967 and refreshers of Minecraft & Radio 1).

Trying to get a feel of how far along other centres are with content so I can go to her if we really are far behind.
Ikra_x
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey,

What essay structure do you use and if you could message me with notes please as I’m struggling x

Thanks
(Original post by IdleAbyss)
What I've been doing is making A3 mind maps for a particular topic (for example The Big Issue). I'll use two coloured pens, the first for what I can remember off the top of my head and the other for what I have to fill in from my notes. Another way I've been revising is looking through my revision guide and researching more into it without making any notes. Genuinely dedicating my time to media studies in an attempt to make it as interesting as possible has helped me to remember key information.
If you're struggling with the structure of answers I would make a plan outline and try to use it for the next practice question you do (either from class or for revision), if it doesn't work take a look at example answers and try to figure out their overall structure I hope this helps you, good luck!
IdleAbyss
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’m really sorry, that’s one of the things we haven’t been taught yet. i usually make a brief plan before my answers with an introduction (briefly explaining what you’re going to be talking about, giving any definitions etc), and then i brainstorm the best points for the question. i usually choose 3-5 point depending on the amount of marks being awarded. at the end you want to really draw together your entire answer in the conclusion. another thing to really consider is getting in as many theorists as possible, the exam board really like to see the application of media
(Original post by Ikra_x)
Hey,

What essay structure do you use and if you could message me with notes please as I’m struggling x

Thanks
liv_mae27
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by IdleAbyss)
I'm currently in my first year, but we still haven't covered newspapers (basically paper 1) yet. Are you in second year? If you need any help with any of the content you haven't covered feel free to message me and I'll send you some of my notes
Hi there, only just saw this but thank you. I ended up speaking to my head of year and she demanded that our media teacher give us access to the content and learn at our own pace with assistance.
I hope you did well on your exam. I managed to achieve an A, well worth the stress of learning the course myself alongside some classmates
liv_mae27
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Ikra_x)
Hey,

Thanks
Hi,

What question/content are you looking for an essay structure for? I completed my exam in June 2019 and have kept all my work. Grade A resource if I have any example pieces of work I'd be happy to share if you message me your email
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (433)
56.53%
I don't have everything I need (333)
43.47%

Watched Threads