Gold CREST Watch

IggyWard
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi, I've been working on my gold crest award the past few months and i was wondering if anyone had any idea how many words i should be aiming for? Thanks.
TSR Jessica
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
Labrador99
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by IggyWard)
Hi, I've been working on my gold crest award the past few months and i was wondering if anyone had any idea how many words i should be aiming for? Thanks.
:wavey:

There's no particular criteria for the word count :nah: As long as you cover the points to meet the criteria for the award, it doesn't matter how long or short it is (and doesn't necessarily have to be a written piece either!). I've done the gold award, so happy to help if you have any more questions!
Shannon.Leanne
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Labrador99)

There's no particular criteria for the word count :nah: As long as you cover the points to meet the criteria for the award, it doesn't matter how long or short it is (and doesn't necessarily have to be a written piece either!). I've done the gold award, so happy to help if you have any more questions!
Hello, I’m going to be doing it soon?

I have some questions:
•how time consuming is it?
•how much work do you have to put in?
•what did you do your project on?
•did you enjoy it?

Many thanks!
Labrador99
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Shannon.Leanne)
Hello, I’m going to be doing it soon?

I have some questions:
•how time consuming is it?
•how much work do you have to put in?
•what did you do your project on?
•did you enjoy it?

Many thanks!

- For a gold award, it should be at least 70 hours worth of work...This sounds like a lot, but includes all your experiments, all the background research you do, and the write up. If that's longer than you want to spend on it, the silver award is only 30 hours worth, and bronze is 10 hours.
- I did put quite a lot of work into mine, but did it through a placement, rather than on my own, so it was structured time that I was already doing.
- My project was to do with the behavioural effects of pesticides on marine animals.
- I enjoyed it a lot, although I would say I did CREST because my project qualified for it, rather than initially setting out to get a CREST award if that makes sense.

Happy to answer any other questions
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19
  • Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed