JDev
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi there, I am currently 21 and am looking to start university studying animation at either BU or AUB (fingers crossed)

So I have a few questions.

how much programming is involved with 3d animation?

Is 2d animation explored at all within the BU animation course?

Thanks!
ClockworkPaws
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi there, I've applied for both BU and AUB for 2019 entry and am absolutely pulled between my choices. I also applied for Hertfordshire, Portsmouth and NTU but out of all of these places the LOCATION of Bournemouth is my favourite aaa

As far as I know, no, 2D is not offered on the BU courses at all. I applied for Computer Animation Art & Design and have been told they offer 2D in the form of one character design unit + environment design but no actual animation, so you won't be learning how to use Toonboom or TVPaint.

I have no idea about programming, but again specifically for the CAAD course I've applied for it seemed more like you would be covering all aspects of the art side of 3D, from modelling to compositing to rigging and lighting. That course specifically doesn't seem to require any prior maths subjects at A-Level whereas their other animation course does.
JDev
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
That's great, thank you! Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (35)
7.22%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (287)
59.18%
No (163)
33.61%

Watched Threads