Millissafielder
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
What is the best way to revise English and how to I make sure to know everything I need?
Fosbourne85
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
For language you could do practise papers and make sure you have knowledge on all language features and why they are used in certain scenarios.
Literature make posters on characters and their key quotes and make annotations. Stacey reay is good on YouTube.
Poetry watch mr bruff, what I do is have a fully highlighted and annotated copy of the poem and a mind map with language, structure features picked out and annotated and the context written out.
Hope this helps
Good luck 🙂
AngelStarfire
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Same also need help
AngelStarfire
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Fosbourne85)
For language you could do practise papers and make sure you have knowledge on all language features and why they are used in certain scenarios.
Literature make posters on characters and their key quotes and make annotations. Stacey reay is good on YouTube.
Poetry watch mr bruff, what I do is have a fully highlighted and annotated copy of the poem and a mind map with language, structure features picked out and annotated and the context written out.
Hope this helps
Good luck 🙂
Thank you!
Millissafielder
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Thank you
sshets
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
What worked for me for English Lit was picking out key quotations from the texts/poetry and writing out several points about the quote for each one e.g. thematic significance for the texts or portrayals of themes for the poetry. Making sure you have points to make about major themes, characters and moments in the play is important! For poetry in particular, I made revision sheets for each poem, where I wrote out the major themes of the poem, selected the quotations and wrote out points for said quotations, and it really, really helped! English Language was a little less straightforward in terms of revision, but probably easier- just making sure you know language features well and can explain them fully

Hope this helps and good luck!!
(Original post by Millissafielder)
What is the best way to revise English and how to I make sure to know everything I need?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • University of Bradford
    Postgraduate Open day/Evening Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • Queen's University Belfast
    Postgraduate LIVE Masters & PhD Study Fair Postgraduate
    Wed, 4 Mar '20

Do you get study leave?