Feminist Research ProjectWatch
I’m carrying out a research project on how medical treatment during pregnancy and childbirth effects the mental health of women during and shortly after pregnancy and would really appreciate if anyone could take part in an interview to help me investigate this.
The interviews will involve the discussion of themes including:
- - Interactions and relationships with medical professionals
- - Advice and guidance you received during pregnancy
- - Feelings and emotions surrounding your interactions with medicine during your pregnancy
- - Actions you took and advice you followed during your pregnancy
Of course, you will only be asked to discuss what you are comfortable speaking about and don’t have to answer any questions you would rather not answer!
I am looking for women who:
- - Gave birth between 2010 and 2015
- - Were between the ages of 24 and 34 at the time of giving birth
- - Are able to give around half an hour of their time for a conversation in person or over a video call. (I understand you may be very busy so I am very flexible about the time that the interview takes place and really appreciate you giving up this time).
- - Gave birth in the UK
I am located in Brighton but have family in London so I would be able to carry out interviews in person in either place. I will reimburse your travel costs getting to the interview. I am also able to do online video interviews if this is more convenient.
I would really appreciate it if anyone could take part in this research project.
If you would be interested in taking part or would like some more information on the project please contact me at [email protected] or dm me on here! thanks