The Student Room Group

Anyone else applied for Sutton Trust 2019?

Has anyone else applied for a Sutton Trust course this year? If so, what subjects and what universities? I've been waiting for this kind of thread to appear lmao.
I'm crossing my fingers (and toes) for history and English at Edinburgh.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lphistory
Has anyone else applied for a Sutton Trust course this year? If so, what subjects and what universities? I've been waiting for this kind of thread to appear lmao.

I did psychology at Durham a few years ago. Good luck for your application :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by DrawTheLine
I did psychology at Durham a few years ago. Good luck for your application :smile:

What did you think of the whole experience?
What did you think of the whole experience?

It was really great, definitely worth doing
Reply 4
My friend and I both applied for Bristol, I went for medicine and she went for English (I think). Honestly I'd be surprised if I got in but here's to hoping!!
Reply 5
Original post by SolKatti
My friend and I both applied for Bristol, I went for medicine and she went for English (I think). Honestly I'd be surprised if I got in but here's to hoping!!

You never know, fingers crossed for you!
Reply 6
You never know, fingers crossed for you!

Good look to you too, history and English seems so cool (I'm always missing GCSE History)! :h: I didn't fit one or two of the criteria which is what I'm most worried about, the competition seemed tough last year ahhh
ayeeee I applied for English literature and philosophy at Edinburgh don't think I'll get in tho lol
Reply 8
Law at KCL; every limb and extremity crossed for all of us!
Reply 9
Original post by bioelle
Law at KCL; every limb and extremity crossed for all of us!

Good luck! It's mad we'll find out in over a month if we've gotten in.

I applied for Geography at Durham! Chances are slim that I'll get a place but there was no harm in trying! Good luck, hoping for the both of us!! :smile:
Reply 11
Good luck to you too! Don't Durham give you an offer if you complete their summer school or is that a different university?
Good luck! It's mad we'll find out in over a month if we've gotten in.

You too! I'm so nervous but I haven't seen anyone else apply for the same uni and course
Good luck to you too! Don't Durham give you an offer if you complete their summer school or is that a different university?

Thank you! Yeah, well, I think so - it did mention that on the website but I'm not sure how it all works!
initially went for psychology and economics at st andrews (it's like my top choice uni) but dates were during term time so i applied for psychology at durham; don't think i'd get in but it'd be nice if i did.

i believe so, worth checking the website.
Reply 15
I didn't receive a confirmation email but definitely submitted my application... did anyone else receive one?
Original post by Emybot
I didn't receive a confirmation email but definitely submitted my application... did anyone else receive one?

I recieved one when I submitted it and one when my teacher verified my reference
Reply 17
darnnnnnnnnnnn, mine must have not submitted!!! crap!
Original post by bioelle
I recieved one when I submitted it and one when my teacher verified my reference
Original post by Emybot

Maybe email the admissions team?
Definitely email them
Original post by Emybot
darnnnnnnnnnnn, mine must have not submitted!!! crap!

Quick Reply

Latest