Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi guys i am really worried about geography because i want to get a good grade but guys what is the best way of revising for geography thank you
alonelystudent
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
read
Rep:
?
(Original post by alonelystudent)
read
Jackgcsehelp
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Depends human or physical,
Human you revise key terms and case studies
Physical do acryonms for processes
Zoeyyyyyyyy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would make print the specification out and use it make mindmaps/flashcards for the key topics. Also attempt practice questions in timed conditions and in geography, skills are important-(you need to be able to read maps and identity processes in figures). There is a lottt of content though.. This is for GCSE isn't it??
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zoeyyyyyyyy)
I would make print the specification out and use it make mindmaps/flashcards for the key topics. Also attempt practice questions in timed conditions and in geography, skills are important-(you need to be able to read maps and identity processes in figures). There is a lottt of content though.. This is for GCSE isn't it??
Yes zoey its for gcses
Zoeyyyyyyyy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 2838676907)
Yes zoey its for gcses
Okay...put the work in...you'll do very welll!!
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zoeyyyyyyyy)
Okay...put the work in...you'll do very welll!!
thank you you too as well
MelanieAnnexx
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Also, make sure you practice your maths skills, they are all easy marks and could be the difference between grades.
Zoeyyyyyyyy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by MelanieAnnexx)
Also, make sure you practice your maths skills, they are all easy marks and could be the difference between grades.
Totally agree
fish finger fan
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Completely agree about the practising maths skills, also learning case studies is a good idea, I use flashcards as I find them useful. Case studies come up on high mark questions. Plus, make sure that you are secure with skills, such as map reading and the key words. Hope that this has been helpful.
Rep:
?
yes thank you so much
(Original post by fish finger fan)
Completely agree about the practising maths skills, also learning case studies is a good idea, I use flashcards as I find them useful. Case studies come up on high mark questions. Plus, make sure that you are secure with skills, such as map reading and the key words. Hope that this has been helpful.
fish finger fan
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 2838676907)
yes thank you so much
It's ok, is there anything else about GCSE geography that you are worried about?
MelanieAnnexx
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
With the case studies, just in case you can't think of anything in the exam itself instead of leaving it blank just write something that sounds plausible, it could even be from your town. My geography teacher is an examiner and if she read something that sounded good and correct she wouldn't bother searching it to see if it is true. I wouldn't recommend doing this if you do remember your case studies, but if you physically cannot think of anything then it is always an option. I hope this helps
(Original post by fish finger fan)
Rep:
?
yes thank you
(Original post by MelanieAnnexx)
With the case studies, just in case you can't think of anything in the exam itself instead of leaving it blank just write something that sounds plausible, it could even be from your town. My geography teacher is an examiner and if she read something that sounded good and correct she wouldn't bother searching it to see if it is true. I wouldn't recommend doing this if you do remember your case studies, but if you physically cannot think of anything then it is always an option. I hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (112)
28.07%
No (287)
71.93%

Watched Threads