Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anonymous please.

Around my pubic area, like on the outer skin it's really dry and I get flakes like dandruff coming off it. It's also kinda red and sometimes the skin cracks and I get little red lines. I'm a virgin so it's not an STI. I'm thinking it's just dry skin? I'm not sure. What moisturiser can I use on it?

ReputationRep:
    Assume you're a woman?

Any skin conditions like psoriasis or eczema in the family?

Do you let soaps get down there? (may be drying the skin out)

(Original post by Touche)
    Assume you're a woman?

Any skin conditions like psoriasis or eczema in the family?

Do you let soaps get down there? (may be drying the skin out)
    My mum has eczema and I have psoriasis already but it doesn't really resemble that. I reallly do not want to go the doctors. Just wondering if there's any soothing lotions I can use first.

ReputationRep:
    Aqueous cream after showers is your best bet, a 500g tub from a pharmacy will cost around £1.

The reason I ask about eczema and psoriasis is they are pretty common in genital areas. Aqueous cream would be a decent place to start for those too if things are mild.

If things aren't clearing up, a trip to the GP would be a good idea. They'll be able to take a look which is reasonably important when it comes to this sort of thing.

hi ive just found i have this but its sorta like dandruff, not itchy or red or anything like this and i was wondering what you were told? ty

ReputationRep:
    Word

http://www.hairhelp.myzen.co.uk/files/ehero.jpg

This stuff's the nuts. I had dandruff in my eyebrows once. This eliminated it like BP to the gulf marine life.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 20, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.