UN Council: Israel intentionally shot children and journalists in Gaza Watch

TheNamesBond.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/...gaza-1.6979358

183 Palestinians killed, 35 of which, children.

154 out of the 183 were unarmed.

The commiission found that 35 children had been killed, some from direct weapons fire. The commission also noted one case involving a disabled person in a wheelchair and direct fire at journalists who claimed that they were clearly identified as press. One commission member, Sara Hussein, responded that there was no justification for firing at children and the disabled, whom she claimed posed no danger. The commission also took note of injury to Israeli soldiers in the confrontations.

Israeli authorities claim the investigation and the report to be false, they have not provided any other backing to their refusal of this report and this investigation, they have only called it out on being ‘false’, the UN conducted an investigation with facts and evidence, and all the opposition has to say is that it is wrong, they even added a claim that Hamas groups brought children to the security fences to hide their part, as if that is some sort of damn excuse, they had no problem shooting women and children with their weaponry, they can take their smug twitter posts and shove them up themselves.

Israel, yet again, you disgust me.
Last edited by TheNamesBond.; 3 weeks ago
Ascend
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Netanyahu's days are numbered with upcoming indictments for corruption and a path can be paved for liberals to take back control. Israel has a lot of redeeming to do.
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The perfect summing up of Israel lol

Last edited by BlueIndigoViolet; 3 weeks ago
Jang Gwangnam
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Tbh we only got Trump to blame for stirring this sh*t-fest...
Megxn0
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
But Palestinians are the terrorists 😒
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
AperfectBalance
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Come on guys, 6 million jews died in the holocaust so we can only hold Israel accountable after they kill more than 6 million people
Last edited by AperfectBalance; 3 weeks ago
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
On all sides- too much violence, criminality, sectarian bias, propaganda and hatred.
Just like northern ireland.
The troubles being reenacted in the Israel-West Bank-Gaza region.
Only outcome- decades of death, anarchy and terrorism.
Compounded by a mass refusal to tell the truth, stop targeting civilians and abandon support for nationalist militants/religious firebrands/psycho terrorist factions.
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
There is a problem with the Human Rights Council. In fact, there are many problems with it.

From 2008 to 2014, their Special Rapporteur for the Occupied Territories was - despite himself being of Jewish ancestry - regularly doing things that were straightforwardly antisemitic. He was also a 9/11 Truther and a confirmed fruitloop.

In regard to Israel, the council has passed more resolutions condemning the state than all the other states in the world combined.

That there is an organisation acting in this way is one thing - it doesn't necessarily mean its report is wrong. But do keep in mind that the commission of inquiry had no engagement with Israel and did not visit either Israel or Gaza during its inquiry.

The "great march of return and breaking the seige", as the report recognises, was designed to break through the security fence at the border. It involved groups that we can kindly describe as "militants", but more properly as terrorist organisations. Despite an arranged ceasefire - again, recognised in the report - indiscriminate attacks on Israel continue and have been escalating.

The report also recognises that the rules of engagement for Israeli forces seemingly permitted live fire only as a "last resort" where "imminent threat to life or limb of Israeli soldiers or civilians" existed.

While it's clear that the commission of inquiry got only one side of the story, they report on an incident where - for example - a person, cheered on by nearby demonstrators - fired a gun into the Israeli side of the fence. On other days demonstrators "burned tyres close to the fence, threw stones, flew incendiary kites and balloons and cut barbed wire coils".

"Incendiary kites" sound grand, but hundreds of these sorts of objects were used, being floated over the border - with the encouragement of the organisers and without intervention by the Palestinian police - causing considerable damage and, well, burning down people's homes, schools and so on in Israel.

In short, these were not decent, honest civilians holding a peaceful protest. It was day after day of armed rioting under the cover of burning tyre smoke, with Israeli soldiers being injured, the involvement of terrorist groups and so on. They put themselves in a conflict zone with the intention of breaking through a border fence. I'm pretty clear in these situations that a loss of life is simply priced into it the whole affair - indeed, they actively goad soldiers into it as much as they possibly can.

While I may question Israeli tactics, it is clear who the instigators are here.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (128)
17.9%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
10.21%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (123)
17.2%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (103)
14.41%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.79%
How can I be the best version of myself? (218)
30.49%

Watched Threads