The Student Room Group

It it 'chavy'/'roadmanish' if a female wears joggers?

I wear joggers to sixth form sometimes but I really like them and they look nice on me so want to wear them literally everyday but my friends have said that I look like a lowkey roadman. They are unbranded/grey and I almost always wear them with converse to cancel out the 'chavy' element to it and wear it with a black top with a fluffy coat. I will clip in a photo of an example if I can find one. All opinions welcome :smile:
Original post by TSR1515
I wear joggers to sixth form sometimes but I really like them and they look nice on me so want to wear them literally everyday but my friends have said that I look like a lowkey roadman. They are unbranded/grey and I almost always wear them with converse to cancel out the 'chavy' element to it and wear it with a black top with a fluffy coat. I will clip in a photo of an example if I can find one. All opinions welcome :smile:

Yes you will look like someone to avoid. Up to you whether that is an issuer.
honest opinion? Yes
Original post by Zürich
Yes you will look like someone to avoid. Up to you whether that is an issuer.

Original post by BlueIndigoViolet
honest opinion? Yes

Oh okay thanks for your opinions. Anyone else? Also, are you male or female?
I don't think they look good on anyone.
If you don't wear 110s or a north face coat I think you're good.
Honestly, the only trousers I own are joggers. I'm not sure if they make me look 'chavy', but I won't stop wearing them regardless.
Yeah but who cares? If you like em' wear em' :biggrin:
Reply 9
I don't think it matters all that much; it does depend who you hang out with (weird to say). For example, I'm friends with super sensible people and come by sixth form, they'll probably look way smarter than me but considering who they are, I don't think people care all that much about the "chav look".

Provided you're comfortable, go for it. I don't think you look like a chav; I see lots of sixth formers wearing similar / exact things as you, they don't give that vibe off whatsoever.

I'm planning to wear big sweaters and branded joggers come by September (coming into sixth form). If you're really concerned about other peoples' opinions, perhaps for go the smart loose trousers? They have a lot of them in New Look.

All in all, I think you're alright. :smile:
It's just a single item of clothing. The average person isn't analysing what you wear that much, and it's only 6th form.
Anyway, I thought athleisure was in style now?

Quick Reply

Latest