The Student Room Group

Absolutely gutted

Had an email from ucas to say my interview was unsuccessful for mental health nursing.
Can i apply for same course through clearing or does it mean im unsuccessful alltogether. Any advice is much appreciated as i dont know what to do as i felt my interview went really well and i was successful at paisley last year but decided against it
Original post by Carteruk1
Had an email from ucas to say my interview was unsuccessful for mental health nursing.
Can i apply for same course through clearing or does it mean im unsuccessful alltogether. Any advice is much appreciated as i dont know what to do as i felt my interview went really well and i was successful at paisley last year but decided against it

You need to check on Track for feedback. If it isn’t there then contact the university concerned for more feedback on the reasons for rejection. At the same time ask whether they would reconsider you in clearing
Was this ayr you went for your interview??..I got made unsuccessful for mental health 2 days ago..I phoned up uws and they gave me an email to contact them to find out exactly why as I felt my interview could not have went any better!
I know a few people who got into adult nursing through clearing but with the limited spacing for mental health I hardly have any hope for empty spaces.

Original post by Stephygal
Was this ayr you went for your interview??..I got made unsuccessful for mental health 2 days ago..I phoned up uws and they gave me an email to contact them to find out exactly why as I felt my interview could not have went any better!
Reply 4
Hi...yes i applied for Ayr. Im thinking of going to college now for a year as not holding any hope whatsoever for nursing this year :frown: I was exact same and felt my interview went very well.
When did u got for ur interview??i went the 26th jan?..I honestly couldn’t have done any better,was very confident but it’s their loss!!..I’m currently doing the access to nursing but got Cali next week so hopefully better luck if not hnc which I don’t want to do but needs must!.have I heard anyone getting an offer for uws?peoppe in my class are still waiting to hear back from mental health.
Reply 6
I got a conditional offer for paisley last year but i needed one more B and never got it but passed that interview so assumed i would be fine at interview this year...obviously not :frown:
Ive applied for care and administrative practice hnc at college so got an interview for that and will try again for nursing next year. Ive not heard anyone thats got through yet. My interview was the 29th january ...i think its going to be even harder next year with the bursary going up as more people will be applying.
Sorry yeah mines was the 29th!must of been in same room as you! Who interviewed u?i had a woman with blonde hair?may have been in same group!!..at least with hnc u could get a mental health placement!i think with ayr and the so little places it’s near impossible to have a fair interview
I got a conditional offer for paisley last year but i needed one more B and never got it but passed that interview so assumed i would be fine at interview this year...obviously not :frown:
Ive applied for care and administrative practice hnc at college so got an interview for that and will try again for nursing next year. Ive not heard anyone thats got through yet. My interview was the 29th january ...i think its going to be even harder next year with the bursary going up as more people will be applying.
Reply 8
I'm not sure about your particular course but I know that you can get onto healthcare courses through clearing if they have spaces. Keele often are v good for medicine/healthcare clearing places. If you get the grades you could even ring your first choice and they'll take you if they have space
Reply 9
I think the woman had blonde hair...i cant remember. I was in group 1
Sorry yeah mines was the 29th!must of been in same room as you! Who interviewed u?i had a woman with blonde hair?may have been in same group!!..at least with hnc u could get a mental health placement!i think with ayr and the so little places it’s near impossible to have a fair interview
You were in same group as me!!!😂😂😂
I think the woman had blonde hair...i cant remember. I was in group 1
You really need the feedback. You arent always in the best place to judge your own performance.
Sometimes it can just be other people presented a better overall application.
Reply 12
You were in same group as me!!!😂😂😂

Lol how weirds that. Are u goin to apply for next year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending