The Student Room Group

Weight loss

I’m trying to loose weight very fast but obviously not too fast I roughly want to get to 7 stone and I’m near enough nine at the moment. And I want to get rid of belly/thigh fat does anyone have any good fitness and healthy eating programmes for vegetarians.
Reply 1
5ft2 Bethanyfish
Reply 2
You could look at Keto (harder as a vegetarian) & Intermittent fasting (easy as a vegetarian), relatively easy to do, and good adherence rates. 2stone is ~12KG - you can measure your calorie intake reasonably easily with an app like MyFitnessPal and aim to eat 500Calories less per day, which is easier to do when you aren't coming up against carb crashes every 3 or 4 hours.
500 calorie deficit a day is 3500 a week which is roughly half a KG. Call it 2KG a month loss and you will be 12KG down (2 Stone down) by September, all quite sustainably and easily.

Good luck!
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
Thank you !!!
Vegetarians successful at keeping a healthy body weight focus on eating whole foods, such as beans and legumes, fresh vegetables, soy protein and, if ovo-lacto, eggs and milk. To lose weight as a vegetarian, you'll still need to moderate your calorie intake and exercise.

Weight to lose Number of weeks it will take you to lose weight
1lb a week 2lb a week
Half a stone 5 3
1 stone 12 6
2 stone 26 13
Reply 5
Probably not the most safe method but it's effective. I would just suggest skipping meals tbh. After a while you get used to the hunger.
It doesn't matter what you eat, just have fewer calories overall. You need to be in a caloric deficit.
But eating healthy would help, e.g eat fewer carbs, sugar, fat, and salt. Maintain your protein intake (maybe have a protein shake or something)
Try having smaller meals.

You can use myfitnesspal on google to see how many calories, fat, etc something is to help keep track.
Reply 7
Thank you everyone!
It’s not about how much calories you eat- it’s about what you actually eat. Try to avoid the usual: carbs, sugar. And eat more of the healthy fats liek avocados and replace carbs with vegetables so you are still satisfied. I also suggest not skipping meals or eating too little calories, because when you stop your diet and start eating normally you will gain even more than you started off with. (Speaking from experience) good luck!
Reply 9
Hi thank you I normally eat really healthy foods and stick to under reccomended calorie count so I normally eat 1,300-1,500 calories per day maybe I should maybe look at the sugar intake as I eat loads of fruit and berries?
Original post by Hallo65261
Hi thank you I normally eat really healthy foods and stick to under reccomended calorie count so I normally eat 1,300-1,500 calories per day maybe I should maybe look at the sugar intake as I eat loads of fruit and berries?

Fruits and berries are fine as they offer nutritional benefits and contain anti-oxidants. Maybe try drinking green tea (if you don’t already) as it is really great for weight loss
you can also Search on Youtube,
how to lose belly fat fast I think you find something and it well help you.

Quick Reply

Latest